Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Going to a simcha - hungry!
Previous  1  2

miriam

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 8:14 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I make sure to go to a wedding hungry. I like to stuff myself at the buffet. I even bring tupperware so I can bring home leftovers! I mean, they're just going to throw away the leftovers. . . at least the food is not going to waste!

Are you serious? That is an awesome idea.

ShiraMiri

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 9:45 pm
This is a bit of a side track - but there really are so many leftovers at simchas - are there chesed organizations that will take the extra food and give it to needy people?

cindy324

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 10:51 pm
Quote:
I make sure to go to a wedding hungry. I like to stuff myself at the buffet. I even bring tupperware so I can bring home leftovers! I mean, they're just going to throw away the leftovers. . . at least the food is not going to waste!

Are you serious? That is an awesome idea.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 5:17 am
Quote:
This is a bit of a side track - but there really are so many leftovers at simchas - are there chesed organizations that will take the extra food and give it to needy people?

my grandparents are famous caterers in the new york area. At the end of each event they have guys called the "Arthur boys" - (thats my grandfathers name) who come and take back the leftovers for chesed organizations and yeshivos.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
Quote:

my grandparents are famous caterers in the new york area. At the end of each event they have guys called the "Arthur boys" - (thats my grandfathers name) who come and take back the leftovers for chesed organizations and yeshivos.

Omg, your aunt L was my teachers years ago and she was the best teacher ever! Tell her that her students still remember her and all her songs.

shoy18

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 9:46 am
by one of my siblings wedding the caterer had left all the leftovers on trays for us to take home because the hall wasnt a regular kosher place and while people were walking out they just took it home, we wanted to give it away to a yeshiva or something but by the time we realized what people were doing it was all gone, they even took my sisters b-day cake that she never got to even taste!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics