Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Taking in a high school boarder- advice please.
Previous  1  2

shanie5

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 10:50 pm
so micki-did u decide to take her in?
one major question with a border-will they pay? I know situations where the money rarely showed up.
my daughter boarded for 3 yrs-no charge. she was expected to do certain things (like peel veggies for shabbos) and was treated as another child in the house. bh her situation was ideal, but she was lucky.
micki, what would u do if this border didnt dress appropriately? or u found out that her behavior out of the houe was not what u would approve?

micki

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 10:57 pm
ahh shanie thats exactly it.
it turns out that she wanted a free room and bord. I'm no angel I want this so I can redo my attic= I need to be paid. and she would not.
as to clothing - I told school I would not be a police man. in my house, leaving my house she would dress as I want but once free if she'd go to a movie theatre I would not be responsible.
they said fine.
but I think she was not accepted- or something.
maybe next year. until then I shall sew in the hallway still...

shopaholic

Post Thu, Sep 07 2006, 12:09 pm
We just got a boarder this week. It happened by chance - we weren't looking for one. Friends of our who are shluchim nearby needed a place for their 13yr old. He has a curfew set by his parents to be home for 9 pm. When there are class Bar Mitzvahs the principal sends them all home by 10. He's so polite, plays with my kids & so far so good. His parents even said we can have him babysit if we want to go out. I told him et me know when he needs hisl aundry doing & he told me that he can use the machine himself! It's some extra $$ that we could use & weren't expecting.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children