Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Mothers with kids, in various age groups

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 10:59 am
Do u find too that you raised you first ones different then you raise your younger ones. I am talking moreso of mothers with four or more, though not limited too. Is it b/c

a) Laziness complacency on our parts due to age etc that they will grow up anyways.

b) Or There are more important things to focus on with your child then the nit picking you may have done with your first.

morningstar

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 11:38 am
How about
c) Your philosophy of child-rearing has changed.
I.e. not laziness, or distraction, but conviction?

raizy

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 11:38 pm
who about that with the first 3 u had more time and energy. for good or bad. and with the rest u have big ones and little once and everything in bethween.

also I dont freak out as much as with my first one. can u imagine that my first 3 kids all wore ironed clothing. after my fourth kid. I didnt take out my iron.even my [cleaner] never irons. I have more important things to do then IRON. !!1

su7kids

Post Mon, Sep 04 2006, 2:20 am
Tefila wrote:

a) Laziness complacency on our parts due to age etc that they will grow up anyways.

b) Or There are more important things to focus on with your child then the nit picking you may have done with your first.

Yes and Yes.

and the older kids resent the heck out of it.

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 2:46 am
Like with my first 3 when they were 2,3,and 4, I had them all bathed and teeth brushed shema by 6:30 sharp with my 2yr twins and 4 yr old dd I am lucky if they are in bed by 7:30.
With my older ones I was very into them eating healthy, pop didn't exist until they were older Exclamation well now I have my older ones bring home e.g slush and loot bags, so natrually my little ones want too. Confused

chavamom

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 2:57 am
Some things I think are much better - I don't sweat the small things, have much more perspective with the younger ones ('this is a phase and it too shall pass', rather than viewing everything as the end of the world.) But yes, my younger kids stay up later, eat more nosh, won't touch ginger-miso tofu (which my older ones LOVED when they were little), etc. It's a trade-off I think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics