Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Getting approved for Early Head Start/ Head Start

amother

Post Sun, Aug 14 2011, 5:44 pm
Hi!

I know this is most likely the incorrect forum for this but I could not remain anonymous under "NY related inquiries".
Assuming one meets the income requirements for the above programs, how difficult or time consuming is the whole process?
Are there any frum early head start programs in brooklyn that has space that anyone here is familiar with? and head start programs as well?

Thanks for any info. I am new to the area and not so sure how this process works.

runninglate

Post Sun, Aug 14 2011, 10:05 pm
yeled vyalda. 718 686 3700. If your talking about this coming school yr, basically impossible, but it doesnt hurt to try. In general, the early headstart is really hard to get into, for the next yr its slightly easier. Theres a lot of paperwork, but worth it imo.

bnm

Post Sun, Aug 14 2011, 11:40 pm
In BP Yeled Vyalda and Vien have Early Headstart, lots of schools have regular Headstart/Daycare. In Willy I think only Pupa has an Early Headstart prograrm

amother

Post Sun, Aug 14 2011, 11:46 pm
[quote="bnm"]In BP Yeled Vyalda and Vien have Early Headstart, lots of schools have regular Headstart/Daycare. In Willy I think only Pupa has an Early Headstart prograrm[/

You don't know if either of those places have space, do you?
Is it a whole back and forth process? Or do you just give them all required docs/proofs and wait for an answer?
I will call both places tomorrow, im"h.

bnm

Post Sun, Aug 14 2011, 11:52 pm
call them, they will probably tell you that they don't have space but ask for a form to be put on the waiting list. vien is very uppity- I knew about the program cuz one of my neighbors work there, I applied for the expectant mother's program when I wasn't 3 months pregnant and they told me they are booked through the next year... how is that even possible?!?! YVY did have room but I didn't join in the end for various reasons... if you are part of the expectant mother's program you have priority to get into early headstart.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics