Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
My son is bored in school

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 9:48 am
My son, K"H is 6, and is bored in school!

I talked to the teachers and their response was that he has to do the work that everyone else is doing! I spoke with the principle today, and I said he's bored please can you do something. He told me he would "look into it." I am feeling frustrated.

Just reminds me that I do not have a husband that can whisk him off to shul and learn chumash with or anything.. Yes he has a big brother, but they do "guy" things and my son is getting more and more frustrated because he's more of a learning kid not a outdoor active kid.

timeout

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 9:51 am
Maybe think about skipping a grade. See if the school is willing to test him both socially and education wise

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 10:04 am
Cannot skip him a grade, his sister is in the grade above. She has a very fragile ego, and for her to see her brother move ahead would be possibly detrimental!

My Rebbitzen just told me that some guys from the Yeshiva in New Haven study at the Chabad house so there's a chance that I could get him paired with someone.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 10:11 am
Why not find him a Chevruta?

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Sep 12 2006, 10:21 am
Not in my area...unfortunately
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics