Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Where are the make up guru's?

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 1:37 am
whats in for fall, guys??

Elisheva

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 10:16 am
Graphic eyeliner (the "cat-eye" look), red lips of all shades, pastel lips (I saw it in a magazine referred to as "Easter Egg lips" you get the gist!), very heavy mascara, pink blush, metallic smoky eyes.

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 12:51 pm
Elisheva wrote:
Graphic eyeliner (the "cat-eye" look), red lips of all shades, pastel lips (I saw it in a magazine referred to as "Easter Egg lips" you get the gist!), very heavy mascara, pink blush, metallic smoky eyes.

Yikes! (just not my personal taste) to red lips and that mod influenced graphic eyeliner and pastel lip .... not for me ,I like that flawless very subbtle no makeup look. but I do love the big lash look Very Happy

I own the kevyn Aucoin's book making faces for 1o years and there is nothing new under the sun .. Kev did it all. Very Happy

When it comes to makeup I'm a classic minimalist Wink that way I never cringe over old pictures of me featuring the ghost of "trends past".

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 1:19 pm
I think the mouth can be natural, if the eyes are emphasized. A little pale pink on cheek, near the eye, can go a long way. People shouldn't say "I like your makeup", they should say "What are you so happy about" and the pink will do that. A little silver metallic on the eye can be very nice after age 25.

Black mascara is at the top of any list, and Lancome waterproof is the best one, if you can stand the price. Their remover is nice, but you can use vaseline or castor oil, which are cheaper, instead. Patch test the castor oil first.

Lancome makes the best black powder eyeshadow, again, if you can stand the price. Their waterproof self-sharpening pencil is the best pencil, but again, expensive. Sigh.

But the complextion stuff can come from any drugstore, perhaps. The tried and true brands work. A cover stick is essential. The creme compacts are convenient. No-shine colorless powders are very useful and fast.

Natural light is your friend. Using two mirrors to see how you look from the side is your friend too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics