Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
QUICK OVEN QUESTION FOR FRI NITE!!
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 3:13 pm
No , I think it beeps once and goes off. I will test it out when the food inside is done. THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!!!

pickle

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 3:15 pm
hope it works! enjoy your shabbos food!

mommyhood

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 3:28 pm
I set the timer to go off right before the meal, I take out the challahs then and everything else stays warm, although not piping hot till the meal. I've been told that opening and closing the oven when it's on is very bidieved on Shabbos, even if you do it really quickly there's a good chance you're turning on the oven and turning on the light that shows the oven is on (if you're oven has that).

amother

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 3:32 pm
thats so smart! so if I leave the oven on 220 for lets say an hour after candle lighting and then the timer turns it off right before we eat the meal , then I eliminate all problems and I have my food fairly warm.

pickle

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 3:34 pm
mommyhood - I do exactly the same as you, but I never heard that opening the oven once is bidieved. I am going to look into that even though I never do it like that, but it would be good to know.

Laughing Bag!

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 3:43 pm
AFAIK opening the oven while the light is signal light is on is allowed idk abt the ovens that dont have that signal light tho u shud AYLOR. the oven light tho can be either turned on all shabbos so no problem opening or taped down so it wont turn on when the door opens.
the shabbos mode on ovens is meant to have the oven on for more than 12 hrs but if you have the cook time for only 2 hrs it seves ur purpose.
Oh and if you wanna take ur challos out earlier just make sure the oven is then on working mode (signal light on) do it quick and the same when u take the rest out
enjoy your hot food on shabbos!

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Aug 19 2011, 4:25 pm
actually, I was pretty sure the issue is with closing the oven door with food still inside. it may be considered hatmana. I usually put things in the oven to warm before shabbos, turn off the oven right before candle lighting, and take out all the food at once in the beginning of the meal. it usually stays pleasantly warm. I don't think the issue is necessarily with opening the oven door. I know people who set the oven to turn off right before the meal, so you don't even have that issue of possibly causing the fire to start again. aylor.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen