Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help! exterminator for mice in brooklyn

pecan

Post Tue, Aug 09 2011, 12:34 pm
Please help! I need an EFFECTIVE exterminator in Brooklyn, one that makes sure I will never see another mouse.
I hear of too many exterminators that keep on coming back because they don't fully get rid of the mice. I need someone who will do a great job and guarantees their work.
I can't handle these mice.

pecan

Post Sun, Aug 21 2011, 11:59 pm
bump

Grandmama

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 12:14 am
You need an exterminator that will put down the mice poison traps, which are little boxes with food in them. They eat and go back where they came from to die.
It does take a few weeks to work, and they need to come back to see if the bait was eaten and to refill it if necessary. All of them like to keep coming back, that is how they make their money. But once you see that the bait is there, and the mice are gone, you no longer need them to come back.
They will charge a few hundred dollars to put them in place, and then come back and charge again.
But the mice will disappear.
I do not want to give any recommendation, because I am still looking for a truly honest one that does the job and does not need to keep coming back.

pecan

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 12:17 am
I think the poison traps won't help, because there is no way to destroy all the mice in brooklyn - there's no end. I live in an attached house and my neighbors all have. I need my house completely sealed up, I think, so they have no way in.
Thanks for responding.

Grandmama

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 12:26 am
Even miceproofing with a guarantee is only guaranteed for a period of 1 to 3 years, because eventually the mice make new holes. The poison worked for me, it got rid of one family. I guess it will be quiet until the next family comes in. I tried those mouseproofers and paid a fortune, and the guarantee lasted one year.
I refuse to continue doing that again, as it cost a lot (paid over $2,000) and taking someone monthly is a lot cheaper. No, you will never kill every mouse in Brooklyn, but you can make it unpleasant for them to visit your place. Mice are smart, they will go for the food, so if you give them poison their friends and family will go look elsewhere. If you do nothing, then the mice can destroy your property.

pecan

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 9:24 am
poison is a problem with kids in the house. Any ideas?

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 9:36 am
pecan wrote:
poison is a problem with kids in the house.

Not when the poison is placed in areas which the children can't access, such as behind the range, fridge...

Mice droppings can be more problematic with children in the house than properly placed poison.

Grandmama

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 9:53 am
I was also concerned about it, but seeing mice daily was worse.
Besides, the poison is contained in special locked boxes, and not accessible to children.
It is placed behind the appliances and in the back of furniture. Its a small box with the poison in it, and only the mice are small enough to go in. It worked for me, I have not seen any more mice or droppings.
I was charged $15. each to install, and needed about 6 of them in my apartment.
Then there is a charge to refill them if the bait is eaten up.

I tried on my own with glue traps, but the mice today are so smart, they simply avoided the traps.

I know someone that did nothing for years, and when she wanted to move away her furniture to move, the entire back of her china cabinet was eaten away into sawdust by the mice.
I have also heard of mice causing electrical fires, by eating through electric wiring.
Mice are dangerous, and you need to find a solution that works for you.

mmw

Post Tue, Aug 23 2011, 4:30 pm
dominick is great!! I got him for roaches, so he keeps coming back because I live in a building... but mice he doesnt have to.
dominick's number- 718-236-5157
hes responsible and he does a great job. anybody I have spoken to was happy with him.

Grandmama

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 12:16 am
mmw wrote:
dominick is great!! I got him for roaches, so he keeps coming back because I live in a building... but mice he doesnt have to.
dominick's number- 718-236-5157
hes responsible and he does a great job. anybody I have spoken to was happy with him.

How much does he charge?

What does he do for the roaches?

How often do you take him?

Do you take him even if you don't see anything?

pecan

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 12:33 am
I had someone come today, before I saw the postings. I'm not overly impressed. He just put some poison down in different places. I think I could have done the same thing. There's no way he can get rid of all the mice on the block with the poison. I live in attached housing, so as many mice are killed, there are always more. I asked him to put tracking poison in the walls, but he won't do it now. I heard that is stronger and more effective. I think if I see more mice, I will insist that he do that.
Let's see what happens.
And yes, more info. about Dominick would be appreciated.

Grandmama

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 12:38 am
pecan wrote:
I had someone come today, before I saw the postings. I'm not overly impressed. He just put some poison down in different places. I think I could have done the same thing. There's no way he can get rid of all the mice on the block with the poison. I live in attached housing, so as many mice are killed, there are always more. I asked him to put tracking poison in the walls, but he won't do it now. I heard that is stronger and more effective. I think if I see more mice, I will insist that he do that.
Let's see what happens.
And yes, more info. about Dominick would be appreciated.

Exactly what did he do and what did he charge? Did he put the poison in enclosed boxes?

mmw

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 12:40 am
I didnt get him for mice so I dont know how much that is.
he comes as often as I want, but because I live in a building that has roaches, the way for me to keep them out of my apt is by calling him back every so often.
for roaches, the maintenance is that he sprays and puts food to kill any all over...
if you are having an issue with mice- thats a one time job and I think he guarantees it. he guaranteed the roach job. my sister had it done, and she hasnt said anything abt seeing any mice after...
he was here today and he said thats something he specializes in....
hes really nice!

mmw

Post Wed, Aug 24 2011, 12:46 am
now that I just another post abt someone who had an exterminator come today- I will just say that he told me that he goes around all over the house and closes up all the holes, finds out where they can come in from, puts traps and poison, and it seems like he really takes care of the job! he does it right the first time. ive only heard positive things abt him. let us know if it works!

whimsy

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 12:42 pm
try njb (nice jewish boys exterminating) dont have the number off hand. im sure its listed ask for moshe. really good and reasonable! good luck!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 11:09 am
whimsy wrote:
try njb (nice jewish boys exterminating) dont have the number off hand. im sure its listed ask for moshe. really good and reasonable! good luck!
Did anyone else here use NJB (nice jewish boys exterminating) for mice ?

bobeli

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 11:58 pm
Ike's exterminators are very good, he is in the torah times.

in an other note you can give tzedaka en that will make the mice go away, try an all arround place like kupat hair or vaad harabonim. it works every time.
hatzlacha

Grandmama

Post Thu, Sep 22 2011, 11:43 pm
Another well known segula is to hang a photo of the Kerestirer Rebbe, Reb Shayele Kerestirer.
Hey, millions claim it works for them!
Or you can take a trip to Kerestir in Hungary, and daven there.
It is well known that he helps with mice and with theft from homes.

Bliss

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 12:20 am
Budget exterminating. They did my apartmet 7 1/2 years ago and I only had to call them back once. And this is in an old mice-infested building.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 02 2011, 8:43 pm
Bliss wrote:
Budget exterminating. They did my apartmet 7 1/2 years ago and I only had to call them back once. And this is in an old mice-infested building.
Do they do mice-proofing (sealing up all the holes behind cabinets, etc) or only poison?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics