Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Paid carpool

sarahla

Post Sun, Aug 15 2010, 9:40 pm
How much is the norm for a paid carpool in the chicago area (both ways)?

rivpom

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 11:16 am
Did you ever figure out an answer? My daughter is coming home with a neighbor most days and we are trying to figure out an appropriate amount to pay her.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 11:53 am
Just for your kid, or to drive your carpool day?

When I paid for my son to be driven home, I paid $60/way for a month. When there were a few extra drives not included, it was $2/drive.

farm

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 2:35 pm
I paid $100 a month for someone to drive my carpool day- 5 kids to and from school 1 day a week.

whirlwind

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 9:15 pm
Wow, has anyone out there paid less? I'm paying someone to walk my daughter home (she works in the school and walks past my house anyway) and we haven't named a price yet but I was thinking something like $25/month. The max I would do is $2/day which would be around $34/month because we don't need fridays. Does that sound very low?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 10:05 pm
I would say it depends on how your daughter walks. Does she go slower and therefore it will take longer for the walker to get home? Does she have a hard time focusing or behaving and cooperating? How much of a hardship will it be for the person to watch her on the walk?

whirlwind

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 8:12 am
Well I was going to provide a stroller so she will have to push her home. If she'd walk it would be very slow so I thought the stroller was more practical and easier. I will leave it in her classroom when I drop her off every morning.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 10:21 am
And what about in the snowy winter?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics