Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Hungry baby.. always!
Previous  1  2

pickle

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 4:54 pm
fwiw - for what its worth

mushkie

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 5:09 pm
thanks

chocolatey

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 6:25 pm
shanie5 wrote:
chocolatey wrote:
op here.
should I be worried about allergies? I heard something about allergies being related to starting food too early. plus dh has major allergies (some food, some not food)

According to my sons allergist, the theory is changing in reference to holding off foods because of allergies. They are finding that there are MORE allergies from holding back food than when given earlier.

really? thats so interesting.. im still nervous about it, esp bec of all dh's allergy history.

StrongIma

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 7:19 pm
chocolatey wrote:
shanie5 wrote:
chocolatey wrote:
op here.
should I be worried about allergies? I heard something about allergies being related to starting food too early. plus dh has major allergies (some food, some not food)

According to my sons allergist, the theory is changing in reference to holding off foods because of allergies. They are finding that there are MORE allergies from holding back food than when given earlier.

really? thats so interesting.. im still nervous about it, esp bec of all dh's allergy history.
ust stay away form known allergens (wheat, eggs)

shanie5

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 7:48 pm
StrongIma wrote:
chocolatey wrote:
shanie5 wrote:
chocolatey wrote:
op here.

ust stay away form known allergens (wheat, eggs)

If I had kids with allergies, I would probably be more cautious and have a longer discussion with the allergist. But the only allergies in my family are non food ones, so I worry a lot less about them.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 9:10 pm
Maybe some of those feedings are just the need to suck? You could give him a Nuk pacifyer and see if that contents him. When he is really hungry, he willl then eat enough, and perhaps last longer between feedings.

chocolatey

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 8:49 am
op here, UPDATE: I stopped responding to every kvetch with food. I never let him cry it out, but when he kvetches ive been trying to play with him distract him or give him his pacifier. I realized that he might not be hungry every time he kvetches. this morning I was able to hold off feeding him for 2 and a half hrs since his previous feeding before he started to cry. that feeding was great! he ate for a SOLID 10 mins instead of the 5 mins that hes been eating every hour in the past few days. I hope this works. I realized as one member pointed out, that maybe he really wants to eat every 4 hours for longer. I plan on gradually stretching the time between feedings until hes eating for a longer amt of time every 4 hours.
does my plan make sense?

EmesOrNT

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 9:22 am
chocolatey wrote:
op here, UPDATE: I stopped responding to every kvetch with food. I never let him cry it out, but when he kvetches ive been trying to play with him distract him or give him his pacifier. I realized that he might not be hungry every time he kvetches. this morning I was able to hold off feeding him for 2 and a half hrs since his previous feeding before he started to cry. that feeding was great! he ate for a SOLID 10 mins instead of the 5 mins that hes been eating every hour in the past few days. I hope this works. I realized as one member pointed out, that maybe he really wants to eat every 4 hours for longer. I plan on gradually stretching the time between feedings until hes eating for a longer amt of time every 4 hours.
does my plan make sense?

omg yes!!! he's been snacking until now!! of course he was always hungry! when u eat a small piece of cake instead of a meal, chances are you'll go back for another snack an hour later!! get the baby on a solid schedule and hopefully he'll be content!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 10:10 am
When teeth come in is purely genetic. My DD got her first two teeth in at 3 1/2 months. It turns out that her paternal grandfather was BORN with one tooth fully erupted! shock It's rare, but it happens. Other kids are nothing but gums for the first year or so. They always look so weird to me because I'm not used to it.

As I recall, I think I started DD on solids around 5 months. I was going to wait longer, but she kept grabbing food off of my plate and coming back for more. The ped said that she was obviously ready, and to give her mashed veggies and teething biscuits. She never even went through a baby food phase, just straight to mashed up adult food.

(Ugh, she's such a Picky Princess now. I miss those days when she'd eat whatever I put in front of her!)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics