Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken bottoms - recipe please

neverbored

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 7:58 am
I have a couple of leftover cooked chicken bottoms and its a pity to just throw away. What do I with it? Recipe anyone? Thanks so much for your help.

Simple1

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 8:19 am
You can get creative and make sandwiches. Cut the chicken off the bone. You can use any bread, rolls or pita and put ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, sauted onions - or anything you want. For schwarma style, you can use schwarma spice (from the grocery), chumus, olives etc.

CatLady

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 9:26 am
Chicken leg meat (I refuse to refer to them as "bottoms"!) is more amenable to braising than the breasts, so any simmering sauce would work with the leftover meat. I'd shred it, reheat in salsa and serve as chicken tacos, or go for a curry.

peppermint

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 10:31 am
take chicken off the bones and shred into small pieces. add mayonnaise. It tastes like tuna Mr. Green

neverbored

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 11:01 am
Thanks everyone. Anything else I can do with it?

culinaryk

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 12:00 pm
Here is a great recipe for chicken spaghetti. It is delicious and very easy.

2 Onions
1 Bag Celery
6 Chicken Bottoms
1/4 cup/s Olive Oil
1/2 pound/s Spaghetti

Preparation
Cut the onions and celery and put on the bottom of a roaster pan. Place the chicken on top. Pour the olive oil over the chicken. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, little salt, paprika. Put the cover on top and bake at 350F for about 1 hour. Shred the chicken pieces. Boil the spaghetti and add it to the roaster and mix with the juices. Add salt to taste.

I usually make this with orzo instead of spaghetti.

gold21

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 1:05 pm
stir-fry veggies: peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes

cut chicken into small chunks

add to stir-fried veggies

add tomato sauce and spices

heat and serve

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 1:12 pm
I'm getting hungry!

Add to soup. Add to salads.

may2010

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 1:16 pm
1 sm. jar apricot preserves (use less if you'd like..)
garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper
2 TBS onion soup mix
1 C French salad dressing OR 1/2 C mayo mixed with 1/2 C ketchup
8 chicken bottoms

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in shallow pan. spice with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix apricot preserves, onion soup mix and French dressing in bowl. Mix well. Pour mixture over chicken. Bake in oven for one hour and serve.

DELICIOUS!

naomi2

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 2:10 pm
chicken salad! yum!!
just make a regular lettuce and veggie salad add cubed chicken and dress with mayo ketchup and a splash of lemon juice.
or
chicken chow mein
fry onion and add shredded the chicken and canned chinese veggies (sprouts, water chestnuts...) and soy sauce. top with chow mein noodles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey