Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
What do I do with fish?

gryp

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 3:48 pm
can anybody please tell me what to do with fish ive never made before?

one package is red snapper and the other is smoked sable belly.
Help Help Help

Tovah

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 3:57 pm
never heard of those fishes but u can bake it with a little bit of water and lemon juice or boil with a carrot.

or try allrecipees.com

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:26 pm
The sable can probably be eaten as is, it's smoked, right?

Where did they come from; you can call the fish store and still ask....

Esther01

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:32 pm
I only ate red snapper at a restaurant once, it was delicious, but I don't know the recipe.
all fish can be baked. I put soy sauce, lemon juice oil and garlic (either fresh or powder) I do this to any fish and it's always delicious.

gryp

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:38 pm
Quote:
The sable can probably be eaten as is, it's smoked, right

thats what I thought too, SaraG, but I would not want to eat it straight from the package. it doesnt look edible. Confused

its from Benz's. I actually considered calling them but I doubt the guy behind the counter has any idea more than I do. never mind the fact that I would feel like a complete fool.

I guess ill do some googling and see what I come up with. otherwise ill bake the snapper in some marinade and call the store about the smoked one. Confused

redhot

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:55 pm
ive never cooked either of those fish, but I have made many other types and my dh's favorte way is a mayonaise and spices mix poured on top, and baked till the fish is flaky (aprox 20-30 minutes).

I use a few tablespoons of mayo and I add lots of spices, like garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, . I will also put in a bit of lemon juice. I spread this dressing on the fish and I cover the fish in the pan with silverfoil. I uncover it for the last few minutes so its not so liquidy.

I would think this can work for the red snapper, but I wouldnt try it on smoked fish.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 6:09 pm
GR - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy behind the counter is the manager and a very very good cook!

hE WAS HIRED after YOssie left the country to get married !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

gryp

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 7:09 pm
I dont know, I havent been there forever. my husband picked up these fish packs, he thought they might be interesting.
I didnt really come up with anything really appetizing from google, I guess ill call Benz's. I wish I can return them for something normal but I put them in the freezer already and I doubt they would want them back. Confused

the red snapper fish is just a regular fish you can make with some marinade and baked, or with vegetables and fried.
the smoked sable is like smoked salmon and you can cut it into bite size pieces and put it in a salad.
ill pass on both. Rolling Eyes id rather just eat salmon.

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 6:46 am
I made awesome red snapper once using a recipe from the Kosher Palette II,
it came out so delicious...
it's page 135, called red snapper algarvere. I used margarine instead of the butter.
basically you marinate the fish for an hour, then sautee the fish on stovetop very quickly. then sautee lots of onions til carmelized, then top the fish with it and bake. it was licked clean at our table Smile
check out the recipe if you can-its a great dish fvor Y"T.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 6:49 am
I buy a smoked fish so that I don't have to cook anything & stink up the house.

DS & my mother have a yearly joke that he will put the head right in front of her because he knows how much it grosses her out.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 1:34 pm
GR, tell us what happened!

gryp

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 5:09 pm
ugh. dont ask, nothing special. Puke

I decided to make the snapper for dinner tonite, so I combined a few recipes and cooked up some rice for it too.
I marinated it in soy sauce, lemon juice, spices, etc. and then baked it with green pepper and tomato.

I think I'm actually nauseous from it all.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 8:04 am
I'm getting lucky this year. We're eating out the 1st night so my host gets to take care of it. poor girl, she's due next week, hope SHE isn't nauseous from it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics