Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Chabad in venice. Minyanim in the Alps

rise above

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 11:30 pm
Anyone know any information about the Chabad in Venice? I hear they have a restaurant that gives free Shabbos meals... I am not Chabad and am curious how hechesherim... work with chabad around the world. How do I know if I can trust them? -not that ca"va I think I can't, but curious how it works with each individual branch.

Also, does anyone know where there are minyanim all year round, not just in kosher seasonal hotels, in the alps area of Switzerland, or any where near there??

Any help, leads is appreciated!

sarahd

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 1:32 am
I don't think there are minyanim year-round anywhere in the Alps, or anywhere close enough to make driving there practical every day. You don't find too many frum Jews vacationing there outside the usual seasons.

rise above

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 1:39 am
I'm actually looking to go somewhere near the Alps for Shabbos where there will be a minyan, and kosher food. However, I would like to be in a nice, vacation area, not city like zurich. Any ideas?

sarahd

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 4:36 am
When do you want to go? If you're not going during hotel season (ca. December till Pesach and Shavuos till September) you're not going to find a minyan anywhere near the Alps. There's one kosher hotel (in Scuol) that was advertising that they'd be open year-round, but I don't know what they ended up doing.

rise above

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 5:09 am
I would like to go right after Sukkos. I spoke to Scuol palace, as of now they aren't open then. If enough people want it open, then they will.
Thanks though.

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 6:00 am
Hi,
I was at the chabad in Venice (Italy) for simchas torah several years ago. It's a great chabad! The Rabbi and Rebetzin are wonderful and yes they do give out free shobbos/yontiv meals. They also have a kosher (fleishig) restaurant. If you have any kashrus questions I am sure you can ask the rabbi or rebetzin there as they were both really friendly. I actually kept in touch with the rebetzin for about a year after I visited. I would go back there in a heartbeat and I actually have told my husband several times that I am dying to take him to Venice since the chabad there makes it such an easy kosher travel experience.

sarahnurit

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 12:50 pm
I can assure you that if you will be in Venice area Chabad will help you with pleasure: I know the shaliach there personally,since I was going to eat all Shabbos meals by them when I was attending Venice University...they are great, and they provide a daily minian, since there is a yeshivah there...
And if you are planning to come to the south, we have a CHabad guesthouse in Napoli,andwe sell kosher food as well...contact me if you need any help.
Have a pleasant trip!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics