Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Areivim in Monsey?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 6:45 pm
I have a brother at risk (to say the least), I was recommended this place in monsey called "areivim". Anyone know anything about it? What kind of work do they do? Who would be the person to contact? I have a lot of questions, I don't want to send my brother in that direction unless I know he'll be in good hands.

annon to protect my bro's identity.

ShiraMiri

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 10:12 pm
I found this:

Areivim Hotline

Parents 1-866-6AREIVIM
Teens 1-866-OURGUYS

EMAIL - areivim@juno.com

All calls are confidential

Have you ever heard of an organization called Priority-1? They are a similar organization:

http://www.priority-1.org/about/index.htm

JMto2

Post Thu, Sep 21 2006, 6:35 am
I believe there is someone Rabbi Nitzlich running it and he is supposed to be amazing. I hear that it is a good place and doing great work.

MMEC123

Post Thu, Sep 21 2006, 2:24 pm
I think Rabbi Gluck is connected to Areivim. I've met him before and I am truly impressed with him and the work he does.

Regarding Priority-1, isn't more a school/yeshiva than an organization for kids at risk?

mom23

Post Thu, Sep 21 2006, 3:13 pm
I don't know much about Areivim.

As far as Priority-1 goes, it is an unbelievable organization. There are many sections including high school, Beis Medrash and Kollel. They are very well equipped to deal with boys at risk and it is a major focus of the orginization.

Rabbi Shaya Cohen from Far Rockaway is the rosh yeshiva. It is located in the 5 towns. Hatzlacha in finding the right shaliach to help your brother.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children