Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Tzimmes

Henya

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 3:57 pm
Does anyone have a tzimmes recipe wiyhout raisins, sweet potatoes or prunees? Just carrots. And also not too liquidy. Thanx!

cindy324

Post Wed, Sep 20 2006, 8:20 pm
pour a bit of oil in bottom of med. saucepan, add one lb. of carrots sliced into thin rounds, pour about half cup sugar and a couple tbsp of honey. Mix well. Cover and cook on low for about half hour or until soft. The sugar will turn into liquid that the carrots will cook in.

Henya

Post Thu, Sep 21 2006, 7:52 am
this is the kind of tzimmes I was looking for! Thank you!

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Sep 21 2006, 8:41 am
Cindy324, remember? we both posted our recipes a year ago. They were pretty similar.

cindy324

Post Thu, Sep 21 2006, 10:54 am
Oh, did we? I think why mess with tzimmes? My MIL makes it the same way, but one day come co workers of her told her they put in pineapples and who knows what else... Anyway , when she served it Friday night, (we ate there that night) my dh and FIL, were NOT happy! They wanted to know why in the world did she mess with the tzimmes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes