Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Spitting Up

Ruby

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 10:27 pm
My baby is six monthes old and she is still spitting up excessively. Does anyone have any good ideas for remedies or something to slow this down? I've been taking her to a chiropractor and that has been helping a little bit.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 10:31 pm
try to keep her as vertical as possible while nurcing;
burp often
feed more times/ less time each time

if I'll think of something else, I'll post

good luck

PS as long as she's gaining well, you both are fine - invest in diaper cloths, bibs & an apron/ housecoat for yourself to catch the spit up Smile

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 4:16 am
Supposedly, eating solids - cereal - should keep the milk from coming back up, or so they say. I have not myself noticed that it helps any. My baby is nearly 8 months old and still merrily depositing spit-up all over...My doctor says by a year it should stop.

BlumaG

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 1:57 pm
by a yr my baby stopped, she spit up alot til 9 months then it slowed down, she spat up cereal, veg, fruit, I was going out of my mind, never mind hte colored splothes on our carpet. she outgrew it bh, I think teething made it worse for her but nothing helped, I tried to take dairy out my diet while I was nursing, didnt make a difference, she was on soy formula didnt make a diff either
its annoying but there's an end in sight
good luck

shoy18

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 9:22 pm
my baby spit up alot my Dr. told me it was reflux and put him on Zantac it helped, also since I wasnt nursing he put him on Enfamil AR- stands for added rice which thickens the formula to help coat the esophagas

BlumaG

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 10:26 pm
the only real pareve formula out there is prosobee

Tovah

Post Thu, Feb 24 2005, 4:21 pm
my baby was the biggest spitter uper ever. she finally slowed down around 6 months but didn't stop until around 8. it's s/t to do with digestion and reflex I don't understand it myself. the best is to try and keep her still after she eats-never worked for me though.

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Feb 24 2005, 4:46 pm
she might be allergic to milk
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics