Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatrician in Flatbush area

amother

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 11:04 pm
Any recommendations for a great pediatrician in the flatbush area? Looking for an office that doesnt have a "factory" feel to it.

gold21

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 11:15 pm
whats your insurance plan?

Dr Wahba has a very good name. He was my pediatrician from when I was a preteen, like 12, til I was 18, and I liked him.

he's located in the Kings Hwy area

Definitely NOT a factory feel to his office! very personal

amother

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 11:48 pm
I have Americhoice right now. I'm not from Brooklyn and am expecting my first iyH, so any input is really appreciated. thanks!

Taliaville

Post Tue, Oct 04 2011, 11:52 pm
I use Wahba for my kids now- they love him. it is definatly not a factory. I dont know if he takes americhoice thought.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 7:14 pm
bump

Beach Bum

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 8:15 pm
I use Dr Wahba. He is on Kings Highway and Bedford. I am very happy with him and I really like that the wait is usually not too long.

MommyZ

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 9:45 pm
I used Dr. Lew when I was in Flatbush. He has two partners and they are all good.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 10:03 pm
I use Dr. Schwimmer, on Nostrand and M. Highly reccommend him.

gold21

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 10:37 pm
hmm, you're on medicaid... OK I highly doubt that Dr Wahba accepts medicaid...
try Dr Norowitz: not a clinic, accepts medicaid, very nice approachable guy, located on East 9th street bet 18th Ave. and Ditmas in Kensington.

monkey

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 11:26 pm
Dr. Abberbock on East 2nd between M and N.
He is amazing!!!!!

gold21

Post Wed, Oct 05 2011, 11:54 pm
monkey wrote:
Dr. Abberbock on East 2nd between M and N.
He is amazing!!!!!

uh... if that office isnt a clinic, then what is?? Confused
have you been there in the past couple years? there are 5 practitioners and its very impersonal.

monkey

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 12:30 am
true..there r many doctors there at this point..but thats y is specified Dr. Abberbock...he is the only one I have seen for almost 18 years straight..I feel like most pediatricians today have more than one or two doctors in their offices....

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 1:38 am
oh..
I dunno, when my kids are sick, we pretty much see whoever can see us quickest , diff docs are in at diff days and times, so we have not built a relationship with any one specific doctor. which is an issue for me.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 9:24 am
amother wrote:
I use Dr. Schwimmer, on Nostrand and M. Highly reccommend him.

Schwimmer is the only dr. in his own office, has 1 pa assisting. He takes phone calls when you call, and he is an excellent diagnostitian. Highly reccommend.

ntm1

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 10:00 am
I use Dr. Beityakov on E.24th btwn. N & O- really happy there.

Queen18

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 10:07 am
I like the Abberbock group. It is a bit of a "factory" but --

for well visits that are booked in advance you can request Dr. Abberbock and keep a continuous relationship with him. For routine sick visits like ear infections and sore throats the office is very efficient and will get you in and out very quickly seeing any one of the practitioners. To me that's a big plus. Also, they have a doctor in the office on yom tov and motzei shabbos in the winter. That' very accomadating. If you call and leave a message you get a prompt call back from Dr. Abberbock.

Another thing is that patient records are computerized so it's easier for you to use one of the other doctors in the office, Dr. Lazar and Dr. Hutt, both of whom I like, and have them quickly familiarize themselves with your file and child.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 09 2011, 12:37 am
dr abberbocks group absolutely does have some upsides- or else they wouldnt have such a big practice, right? dr abberbock is such a nice man, and the office is very very accomodating. however, the OP specified that she is looking for an office that is not factory-like, where she will have a personal relationship with the doctor, which is why I dont think Dr Abberbock's office is the right match for her. thats all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics