Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Whats happening around 9 moonths?

Reeve

Post Thu, Oct 13 2011, 2:25 pm
My little boy is 9 months. Up until recently he was more like a receiver - he never really stated what he wanted (aside from food, sleep, nappy change), he kind of went with the flow. But recently something has kicked in and I am sure its part of natural development. He moans when he wants something but doesn't get it - like when he hears a dog outside and wants to go see it (because often I do). He was going to sleep beautifully, he would have a bottle in his cot and play and amuse himself - talking in this cute high pitched tone until he fell asleep. In the last few days he fights his sleep and when I pick him up, he won't even let me sooth him, he tosses and turns and fights me but he is for sure tired.

So my question is...does something kick in around this time that I have not heard about (he is our first child)? If so, how do we deal with it. After I tried twice to rock him to sleep in my arms and he wiggled and moaned to try get out of my grip, we put him in his cot with a bottle and he cried for a few moniutes and then moaned and then went to sleep.

Also does anyone know if there are chinuch classes in the Ephrat (Gush) area or can someone recommend a useful practical book to read. I really don't want to just wing it. Any advice would be great.

Post Sun, Oct 16 2011, 2:33 am
I wouldn't worry too much, this can be a growth spurt- chances are you won't even remember this phase a few months from now!

I found the book "The delicate Balance" By Sara Chana Radcliff very helpful
http://www.sarahchanaradcliffe.....e.htm

You can read some of her articles on the page and see if it's your style. I went to a Chinuch class that follows the same principles she teaches and find they work really well.

And your boy sounds very cute, I really would't worry Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics