Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Recipes with fiber

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 5:08 am
Please hep me with some dishes that are high in fiber. I was told that I need to add more fiber to my diet.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Nov 03 2011, 10:42 am
High fiber just means plenty of most fruits and vegetables and whole grain instead of refined grain. Mexican food is often high in fiber (lots of beans and corn), but really, so is a salad, and so is a bowl of Raisin Bran!

One thing that might help is buying something like Oat Bran or Wheat Germ and sprinkling it into things. I've put some into pasta, stews, soups, breading for chicken, really anything, and you can't tell it's there if you don't use too much!

But really, the main thing is to eat more high-fiber fruits and veggies,and to switch to whole grains. Almost any grain or vegetable dish can be made high fiber easily (or already is).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking