Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
VERY quick and healthy "recipes"

OutATowner

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 8:34 pm
I put recipes in quotes because I want to start a thread on non-recipes, more like quick and healthy options. Something more than veggie sticks and chummus. I really want to lose weight but fall into the trap of being busy/not eating for most of the day and then eating horribly when I get home because I just don't have time to do anything.
Looking for ideas for healthy things to make/put together.
Example:
*Zucchini slices in the toaster oven. Spray with cooking spray, salt, a little bit of shredded low fat cheese.
For even quicker prep I peeled the zucchini instead of slicing (using the peeler as a slicer). Just seems easier. (Could you slice and freeze zucchini?)
*Nonfat, plain yogurt with Walden Farms sugar free chocolate syrup- tastes like pudding and packed with protein!

Any other ideas or shortcuts?
What single serving items do you like to prepare and freeze?

shoemaker

Post Thu, Nov 10 2011, 8:51 pm
all kinds of soups.I make a big pot almost every week, but never the same veg ,butterut squash & sweet
potatoes, broocolli,..... freeze them in small containers.

adrenalin

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 11:05 am
I learned from a chef, that after prepping (wash carefully and dry - put through a salad spinner to help dry) kale leaves, they will be delicious and crispy as a snack, if you just line a cookie sheet with foil, rub a tablespoon of olive oil on the foil, but not the leaves themselves, and bake at 350 for 15-20 min. During the cooking process, the oil from the oiled pan penetrates the leaves in just the right amount to make them crispy. Do not salt till after they've baked. Enjoy!

OutATowner

Post Wed, Nov 16 2011, 9:23 pm
Sounds like something different. I never bought kale leaves but willing to try. Do they come in bunches? bags? I love the idea that it lasts a whole week-perfect! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking