Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Good tasting formula?

proudwife

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 10:56 pm
My son is 5 1/2 months, and so far is exclusively breastfed. However sometimes if I feel like I don't have enough milk or if my husband takes him out, I prepare a bottle with formula. So far, I've tried Enfamil ProSobee LIPIL (soy based)- and Materna- the milchig one- but he HATES it!! He refuses to take it! Crying Any one have any suggestions? Is there any 'good' tasting formula out there?

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 11:07 pm
Don't know how any of them taste....think they all smell disgusting! Has he taken bottles before? Maybe he just doesn't like the bottle bc it's not you.

proudwife

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 11:14 pm
I dont believe its just the bottle cuz he's taken milk that I've pumped into a bottle already, and when its formula he starts to suck, and when he tastes it, he makes a face and sticks the nipple out of his mouth! Exclamation Exclamation

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 11:22 pm
Well, he's had the good stuff so long B"H that the fake stuff doesn't compare! My son liked whatever he got, but he had formula pretty early on bc I didn't have good supply. It's a tricky sitch when they won't take formula....

I have a friend who started to lose her milk when her baby was around this age, partly bc he'd been sleeping erratically and she was exhausted. She tried some homeopathic remedies and they really worked... Blessed thistle and fenugreek were the herbs she got from her homeopathist. Her milk came back in and her son started sleeping right again, which I'm sure also helped her supply.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 11:29 pm
I found in my opnion that my son liked the kosher similac the most. he didnt like materna too much but he's gotten used to it by now.

nicole81

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 11:36 pm
I've heard that the nestle goodstart is most similar to breastmilk because it is the sweetest formula. but it's probably still gross. and it's not chalav yisroel if you keep it.

melalyse

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 1:48 pm
My son doesn't drink any formula because I just haven't pushed it enough. But I think that if a baby is only used to breastmilk you have to keep on pushing it. Trying it over and over again. Have someone else give it. I don't think that any formula tastes as good as breastmilk. Most people that I know that do both started on formula very early which was my mistake.

proudwife

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 4:35 pm
I know, I'm also upset that I didnt try earlier, to get him used to it, but I feel so bad now to try to get him used to it cuz I could tell he doesnt like it! I would HATE it if someone tried to force me to eat something I didnt like, so why should I force him? I just wish there's something out there that just tastes ok!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Sep 30 2006, 11:33 pm
I have supplemented all my kids from the begginning. That said, some of them preferreed formula, , 2 dealt with it, and one refused the bottle completly, no matter what. I found that using the playtex nurser bottle, I got better results with the formula, I used it with the natural latch nipple. Sometimes changing the bottle helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics