Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where do you buy contacts? how much do you spend?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 2:54 pm
I like wearing contacts, but recently the brand I always wore is discontinued and I am trying to find another brand that works for me. the only type I liked after trying many is 60 bucks per box!!! that lasts for 3 months, so a years supply is $240!!! I used to spend $80 a year on contacts.
is there any other option? where do you buy contacts and how much do you spend?

Britmummy

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 3:30 pm
Ugh! I spend far too much on contacts :-(

I kept damaging or losing mine, so I would get through a year's supply in 6 months! In the end I switched to dailies, which I absolutely love, but I was having problems with them drying out and falling out, so my dr switched me to a different brand - Acuvue TrueEye, which are perfect! No problems whatsover... besides the cost!

I pay around €150 ($250USD) for 3 months's supply! I found a very cheap source online and my local optician is matching that price! But it's still a big outlay and every time I reorder I have a big internal battle over whether it's justified. But I've decided there are many other things I'd rather give up before my lenses, so for now I'm still wearing them!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 4:17 pm
I literally went from spending HUNDREDS at the optometrist to just re-ordering from discountcontactlenses.com. They came like 2 days after I ordered and was less than 1/2 the price.

imasinger

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 4:23 pm
It's worth it to look at all the online sites and price the kind that you like. Different ones are cheaper in different places.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 5:20 pm
I recently started wearing contacts and wear multi-focals which are significantly more expensive to start with. I priced them at all the online sites and found that replacemycontacts.com was by far the cheapest.

I paid (after rebate) around $53 for a six monthly supply.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 6:22 pm
I used to get from visiondirect.com. can't remember how much I paid but it was way less then my optician. I think about $5 for a pair that lasted 2 weeks.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 7:28 pm
I am not op, but I use extreme H20. Anyone use them? Where can I buy them cheap online?

soproud

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 7:19 pm
I've been using 1800contacts.com for a few years and I find them cheaper than all the other sites I tried. They also have great customer service.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 8:41 pm
soproud wrote:
I've been using 1800contacts.com for a few years and I find them cheaper than all the other sites I tried. They also have great customer service.

For the lenses I wear, Bausch & Lomb Pure Vision Multi Focal, 1800contacts is 61.99 a box and replacemycontacts.com is 37.98 a box!

runninglate

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 8:44 pm
ive ordered my accuvue oayses from visiondirect.com.

jelly belly

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 8:44 pm
It really does depend on the brand. My dh and I wear different lenses, and we each order from different sites because of that. I check each site for prices, and also check what coupons are available for each site. Sometimes you can get fee shipping + 15% off on a site that starts out a little more expensive, but you save in the long run.

abmom

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 9:58 pm
I pay $38-39 in Costco for 6 pairs.

MGmom

Post Wed, Nov 23 2011, 10:13 pm
1800 Contacts is by far the cheapest I have compared. and whenever I visit the eye doc with kids or wtvr I always check if they have samples in stock. Sometimes I am lucky and get a month or two of free supply. If you have astigmatism or multifocal they;ll automatically be way more expensive so pays to compare them online.

Isher

Post Thu, Nov 24 2011, 12:02 am
visiondirect. I bought a 12 month supply of Air Optix Aqua 139.96 - 43.99 Discount + 1.99 Shipping & Handling (technically handling) Total 97.96.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics