Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Neat job for someone not married

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Oct 04 2006, 8:50 am
The Rabbi where I work wanted me to post this to members of his shul. I thought why not here also. They pay $300 a week, plus travel costs.

serving as a Group Leader for educational Jewish heritage programs in Eastern Europe? If so, please read on.
I work for Scandinavian Seminar, a nonprofit organization that specializes in international educational programs. As part of our program offerings, we work together with Elderhostel, another nonprofit educational organization, to provide unique learning experiences for adults 55 and over.
One of our programs that we offer through Elderhostel lets participants walk “In the Footsteps of European Jews” through Hungary, the Czech Republic and Poland to learn about the history of the Jewish community in Eastern Europe. We are looking for experienced travelers to accompany our Jewish programs and provide assistance to our European staff in executing an educational and spiritual journey for our Elderhostelers. The role of Group Leader can also be an enriching experience for the right individual.
If you know of anyone who would be interested in applying for this position, please refer them to our website at www.scandinavianseminar.org <http> to learn more about our Elderhostel programs and to request a Group Leader application packet for our 2007 programs. You can also visit the Elderhostel website at www.elderhostel.org <http> to search for a detailed itinerary of our “In the Footsteps of European Jews” program (program #5931).
Thank you for passing on this information and please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Kind regards,
Ms. Elisha Winkler
Elderhostel Program Assistant
Scandinavian Seminar
24 Dickinson St.
Amherst, MA 01002
email: winkler@scandinavianseminar.org
tel: (413)253-9736
fax: (413)253-5282

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 04 2006, 10:06 am
I don't know any "experiencved travelers", but I'll keep it in mind!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 04 2006, 10:13 am
Well, I'm an "experienced traveler," but I'm married and I have a job... Sounds like fun though.

$300 a week is not very much though? Unless travel costs basically includes living expenses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics