Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help me work out my feelings please!!!!

amother

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 6:41 pm
I would be interested to hear some opinions: A woman called me up ( I am not close to her) asking if her 8 year old son could come over to play with my son. He walked through the door and promptly threw up all over the walls and floor. I called his mother to tell her what happened, and that there was an awful mess. She replied that she could'nt get out, for a while, so if I want, I could
drop him off home . No apology for the mess he had made and certainly no mention of coming round to clean it up! I was quite annoyed. If it was my son I would have gone running round there with a mop and bucket. What do you think? Am I right or wrong to feel a bit put out?

shalhevet

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 7:07 pm
Well, it's very possible she couldn't come round. Does she have other children? If she has young children she wouldn't be able to drop everything at a moment's notice and come. Or even some prior commitment.

I think she should have apologised, although technically it's not her fault, but it just would have been polite to say she's so sorry.

The truth is, when you have a child round to your house, you are really committing yourself to looking after them, and although this is an extreme case, it really is part of that.

imaamy

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 11:14 pm
I disagree. No matter how many kids she has, she should get her tush over there and clean up! That is disgusting and it IS her job to clean up after her kid. I'm sorry that happened to you. Please let us know what happened.

faigie

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 11:22 pm
she should have, at the very least apologized.
one time I had a kid over, and he was shvitzy when he came....... turned out he had a good temp, and yes, he upchucked all over the place.
when I called his mom up, she blamed ME for it all, saying we gave him food poisoning or a virus
lets just say, I set her striaght.
it takes all kinds.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 4:35 am
faigie wrote:
he upchucked all over the place.
when I called his mom up, she blamed ME for it all, saying we gave him food poisoning or a virus

What a nice lady Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 4:49 am
The story went no further. I cleaned up his mess and took him home without getting a single comment from the mother. just thanks for dropping him off.

Chani

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 7:17 am
I had this happen as well. I took the kid to his mother and cleaned up... It never would have occurred to me to ask the mother to clean up. I had the child in my house under my care, so it's my responsibility.

imaamy

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 10:07 am
Well if they are staying for most of day or longer, then maybe they got sick while at your house. Then I would clean it reluctantly. If they walk in and hurl, they were sick before, and sometimes Mom has a hunch. We had it happen at preschool where they called the Mom and she even revealed it had happened at home before school! Mom should clean someone else's house if the kid is sick when coming over.

mirisimma

Post Thu, Oct 05 2006, 1:33 am
interesting when ppl dont want to apologize for something they obviously should... I find its usually either bc theyre totally spaced out and dont even realise what going on or bc they feel really really guilty.

klotzkashe

Post Thu, Oct 05 2006, 3:02 am
I would have run over to your house w a broom, mop disinfectant deodoriser and more
AND I would have aplogised

some ppl have no social conscience

amother

Post Thu, Oct 05 2006, 8:34 pm
thats nuts! poor kids, is his mother a good one? does she take care of him? thats extremely rude! it doesnt even sound like she cares about her son!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics