Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
WHAT TO DO WITH CHILDREN ON YOM KIPPUR?
Previous  1  2

bonzie

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 9:50 pm
GiGichai wrote:
what do you do with a nine month old to keep them entertained? I don't fast very well when I'm nursing, and get all nauseous and dizzy...
Any and all help is appreciated. Confused

I have the same problem,
im going to get a new toy and bring her to the the park (im sure they'll be tonz of other kids there for her to watch while I sit on a bench) I also have a hard time fasting while I nurse

IBR

Post Tue, Sep 26 2006, 10:01 pm
GiGichai and bonzi I would strongly suggest to pump out before yom kippur as much as you can and maybe even get formula at 9 months you can give mash potato or yogurt try to nurse as least as possible.

curlyhead

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 6:41 pm
instead of spending money on a new toy just swap some toys with a friend.

Another option is too get someone -maybe a single girl who needs a break from shul to watch your kids for an hour or two so you could rest or go to Shul.

ChavieK

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 7:13 pm
Most girls in the 12 yr range don't/can't sit in shul all day. My dd last yr would have been thrilled to use the oportunity to do a mitvah to leave shul. This yr , her first fast, she would be even more thrilled. She may do it for me if I don't find a babysitter for the whole day.

BasMom

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 7:26 pm
Yom Kippur is a little under 2 weeks from my due date, and my dd will be turning 1 around then. I suppose I can handle her over the day (please Gd,) but I'm really sad about the fact that I'll be missing most, if not all, of shul. I plan on keeping my dd penned in in the living room (by creating obstacles she cannot climb over, so that I can at least be passed out on the couch while she plays with toys.) Let's see how long that lasts!

realeez

Post Wed, Sep 27 2006, 7:27 pm
Last year I fasted YK with a 1 month old, 2 y.o. and 3 y.o. I made sandwiches the day before and put pretzels/chips in a bag like for school. I bought them a little people animal set with a little farm (didn't put batteries in) and it went over very well. My ds got tons of presents for his upsherin and I didn't open all of them yet so I hope to find something good there for them to keep busy with.

IBR

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 11:57 am
I just wanted to say that I made a mistake when writing my daughters age she turned 3 in the summer (forive please) and also I am lubavitch and asked a lubavitch rav who said that drinking water before helps you hydrate better also if one feels very sick he said you can daven everything in bed even shmone esre as long as you don't break the fast. you don't have to go to shul, don't have to stand nothing. he said you can lye in bed and daven the whole thing if you want.

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Sep 28 2006, 12:09 pm
Quote:
sonnibonni are these toys that you mentioned like lego I need something to keep her busy. I was thinking of buying a farm but I m not sure it will keep her busy enough maybe I should get books

Legos can be good if you don't have them- but otherwise you can try geotrax, lincoln logs, gears or clicks these can give kids hours of fun building and playing. Like another imamother said little people are also a great idea.

Books are good, but if your kids are like mine, the type that insist that they cant read the words so you need to read it to them and they won't just read the pictures- it is not such a good idea.

raizy

Post Mon, Oct 09 2006, 3:19 am
thanks for telling me that I can daven sitting or lying it will help me next time. I feel so bad that I dont have kuach to stand and daven. and when I start to daven all the kids suddlenly need something urgently. sigh. I even had two different mazasors in 2 different rooms so I can daven here and there. it didnt happen. the kids where so time consuming. so at least dh got to daven for both of us.!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur