Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
HCG diet, I'm getting a headache!
1  2  Next

kitov

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 10:52 am
I have no clue what the hoolabaloola with this whole HCG is, but seeing like umpteen threads bumped up on the "recent posts since your last visit index", I'm getting a headache!

What's this all about? Hanukah Chanukah Gelt or what?

intrigued

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 10:57 am
I counted 16 threads about it on the home page!! I seriously think they need a closed forum for it.

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 11:40 am
intrigued wrote:
I counted 16 threads about it on the home page!! I seriously think they need a closed forum for it.

I kinda think that's why all these old HCH threads suddenly popped up.. so everyone would get annoyed and then ask Yael to give them their own forum. I'm all for it. The HCG people think that their diet is wonderful and can't be convinced otherwise... the anti-HCG people can't be convinced that it's a legit diet.

There are more important things to discuss.... do you guys think I might be pregnant???

bigsis144

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 11:45 am
ewa-jo wrote:
intrigued wrote:

I kinda think that's why all these old HCH threads suddenly popped up.. so everyone would get annoyed and then ask Yael to give them their own forum. I'm all for it. The HCG people think that their diet is wonderful and can't be convinced otherwise... the anti-HCG people can't be convinced that it's a legit diet.

There are more important things to discuss.... do you guys think I might be pregnant???

It was all one poster who bumped all those threads to the homepage with the request to start the new forum.

sarachana

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 11:52 am
based on your title I thought you were saying that you started the diet and its giving you a headache...so my first reaction was YEH YOU NEED TO EAT MORE THAN 500 CALORIES A DAY....I guess I am not pro this diet Rolling Eyes

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 12:05 pm
kitov wrote:
I have no clue what the hoolabaloola with this whole HCG is, but seeing like umpteen threads bumped up on the "recent posts since your last visit index", I'm getting a headache!

What's this all about? Hanukah Chanukah Gelt or what?

I think the H stands for homeopathic. As in, homeopathic Chanukah gelt. (You know, the shiny nickel from old Cousin someone.)

freidasima

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 12:13 pm
So here is something I really don't get. When I posted that lots of ladies in my circle eat very little, exercise a lot and keep great figures and I wrote that they eat somewhere around 1000 calories a day depending on height, I got so bashed by some posters who still remember it and bring it up.

And here, posters are advocating a FIVE HUNDRED CALORIE DIET as a norm and they think that this is NORMAL? Why aren't they getting bashed just for such a number??!!!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 12:16 pm
A diet is a diet. A lifestyle of not eating is different to me.
The difference is also WHY the women eat 500/1000 etc.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 12:35 pm
freidasima wrote:
So here is something I really don't get. When I posted that lots of ladies in my circle eat very little, exercise a lot and keep great figures and I wrote that they eat somewhere around 1000 calories a day depending on height, I got so bashed by some posters who still remember it and bring it up.

And here, posters are advocating a FIVE HUNDRED CALORIE DIET as a norm and they think that this is NORMAL? Why aren't they getting bashed just for such a number??!!!

You need to understand that the 500 calorie diet is only for a limited time -- 3-7 weeks. After that, you phase in a normal diet and eat at least 1500 calories daily and maybe much more depending on your weight and how fast you lost.

middy

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 12:38 pm
ewa-jo wrote:
intrigued wrote:

this is MUCH more important IMHO!! I vote yes!

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 12:42 pm
Homeopathic Chanuka gelt is like one microgram of chocolate in a 2L bottle of water

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 1:21 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
freidasima wrote:

You need to understand that the 500 calorie diet is only for a limited time -- 3-7 weeks. After that, you phase in a normal diet and eat at least 1500 calories daily and maybe much more depending on your weight and how fast you lost.

Hmm, I don't know the first thing about this diet, but if you're saying the 500 calories is okay because it's only for a limited time, I'd be okay with that if the limited time was a day or 2. 7 weeks is a looong time to starve oneself. Just my thoughts on a diet I know nothing about. Whatever.

ally

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 3:07 pm
freidasima wrote:

Don't worry. They are. That's why they want a private forum.
Because thats how imamother works.

ally

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 3:10 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
Homeopathic Chanuka gelt is like one microgram of chocolate in a 2L bottle of water

Here's a piece of paper sweetie. It has the same magnetic signature as money, but its homeopathic.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 4:44 pm
freidasima wrote:

Freidasima, do you know offhand if it's the same people?
And if it makes you feel better, there are those of us out there with reservations of both groups Dancing

Levtov

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 7:20 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
freidasima wrote:

And if it makes you feel better, there are those of us out there with reservations of both groups Dancing
I agree with Friedasima. If you look closely at daily total caloric intake--really skinny people dont consume (at most) more than 1000-1200 calories a day and most exercise quite vigorously. Just my observation.

freidasima

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 7:31 am
Yeah well I would also say it depends on your height. Most of the women I know are between five feet and five five and to say that if they are trying to be slim (like 50 to 55 kilo) they are eating between 1200 to 1000 calories a day while also exercizing around 40 minutes to an hour a day (cardio, weights, yoga, whatever).

If we are talking about the really tall ones - five eight to six feet, they aren't weighing 50 kilo (lol!) but between 60 and 65 I would say and they are certainly eating more than 1000 calories a day - how can one compare a woman of five feet to one of five ten?!

Anyhow I don't know, people with health issues usually end up cutting out what is bad for their particular health problem, some decide to go vegetarian, others macrobiotic, whatever works for them. But none of the really healthy diets completely cut out a full category of food unless one has a serious health issue in that direction (diabetics - cut sugars; celiac - cut gluten; people with bile problems - cut fat, etc.) But otherwise? This HCG sounds to me like something out of the Atkins days with high fat and protein and no carbs. Big tzurris it sounds like to me, unless you are eating complex carbs like whole rice, buckwheat etc...the non gluten ones. And all that fat? Oy.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 7:32 am
I just skip all of those threads.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 8:09 am
HCG=Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin, a hormone of pregnancy that is also used in some fertility treatments. Some study supposedly showed that very small doses of HCG coupled with superlow calorie diets lead to weight loss. Duh. 500 calories a day is approximately what was allowed in concentration camps. That and a nickel will get you on the subway. You don't even need the nickel or the HCG to lose weight. Millions of people across the globe can attest to that. It's called "starvation".

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 10:25 am
Levtov wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
freidasima wrote:

I agree with Friedasima. If you look closely at daily total caloric intake--really skinny people dont consume (at most) more than 1000-1200 calories a day and most exercise quite vigorously. Just my observation.

From my understanding doctors recommend a mininum of 1200 calories a day. Under that isn't considered healthy.

There are health risks, long and short term, with being underweight.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics