Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehillim needed!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 9:11 pm
Please take a moment to say tehillim for our friends who were involved in a auto accident this afternoon. Reportedly the 7 year-old son is in a coma on a respirator and the 17 year-old daughter has multiple fractures.

Dovid ben Bracha

Tehilla bas Bracha

chavamom

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 10:32 pm
Dh just returned from shul and he says they are asking for tehilim for the 12 y.o. and 9 y.o. sons as well - Elisha ben Bracha and ELIYAHU Chaim ben Bracha.

(edited to correct name)

Last edited by chavamom on Thu, Oct 12 2006, 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

chavamom

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 11:19 pm
Dovid ben Bracha is currently undergoing brain surgery. PLEASE DAVEN.

momofgirls

Post Wed, Oct 11 2006, 11:43 pm
Where was this accident? it is so scarey. are the parents ok?

chavamom

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 12:06 am
The accident happend in rural Missouri. There is a g'vir who owns a ranch where the family had taken the kids for a chol hamoed trip. They were on their way home. The father is injured but has been discharged from the hospital in the past hour or so. The mother was in another car.

The latest update that I have says that Elisha ben Bracha is in serious condition with brain swelling.

The father is a rabbi very involved in kiruv and is responsible for literally hundreds of people becoming 'chozrei beteshuva'. May his many zechusim be a magen for the children injured in this horrific crash.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 9:20 am
I can't believe this.. Another accident.. When will this galus end/???????? Are these people lubavitchers??????

ChavieK

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 10:17 am
Is this family from Missouri?

chavamom

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 11:49 am
ChavieK wrote:
Is this family from Missouri?

Yes.

And no, not Lub., the father is the head of Aish HaTorah in St. Louis

chavamom

Post Thu, Oct 12 2006, 11:51 am
The latest update I have is that Dovid ben Bracha is listed in critical condition and the other children are stable but still need our tefillos.

yrs1025

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 8:36 am
I received the following in an email:

Often we do not get an update when asked to say Tehillim.
Thought you might like to know:
Chaim came home before Chag.
Elisha I'HY came home or is scheduled to come home last night or today.
Tehilla had surgery & is scheduled for more on Tues., but is doing better B'H.
However, they have decided to say Tehillim around the clock for Dovid ben Bracha.
Please add these children (& their family) to your prayers

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 8:57 am
Thank you for the update!

chavamom

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 2:13 pm
Chaim has a broken leg, but has been discharged and is home. Elisha has a broken collarbone, but has been extubated and will probably be discharged today or tomorrow. Tehilla it seems that her injuries are more extensive than were originally reported. She has regained consciousness and is responding to verbal commands (she is still intubated). She is supposed to have surgery again this week. The youngest son needs a 'nes' (miracle). mamash. He is reported in horrible shape. His intercranial pressure keeps going up and down. He is in such fragile condition that they can't move him to do the PET scan that would give a clue as to brain function, so it's hard to know beyond just the struggle for initial survival what the prognosis is. Please keep davening.

yrs1025

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 7:15 am
I just got this update in an email:

Latest update:
Dovid's name has been changed to Refael Dovid ben Bracha. May the change in name bring good news.
Tehilla had surgery on her leg & is scheduled for surgery on her jaw later this week.
Elisha is off the ventilator, but did not get home yet. I'HY that will be later this week.
Chaim had surgery & is casted, but home.
Keep saying Tehillim, please & learn in the zechus of these children.

micki

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 8:50 am
this is terrible! how is the mother? was she hurt too? sounds like a horrible accident- were the kids buckled? Refuah sheleima to them all.

supermom

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 10:59 am
Refua Shlema we need moshiach now!!

As for the mother micki someone said here that she was in another car.

chavamom

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 12:40 pm
The mother was not with them. As for 'were they buckled' - I know some were. The others, we don't know.

chavamom

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 9:07 pm
The family's daughter in E'Y got engaged today. May they continue to only know simchas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed