Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bundle me questions

lamplighter

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 4:03 pm
can I use the toddler one for an infant so I don't have to buy 2? (not for a carseat, just a stroller)
which model would you get for a brooklyn winter?
what other layers should I dress my baby in (what should she wear when I take her out?)

chatouli

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 4:34 pm
lamplighter wrote:
can I use the toddler one for an infant so I don't have to buy 2? (not for a carseat, just a stroller)
which model would you get for a brooklyn winter?
what other layers should I dress my baby in (what should she wear when I take her out?)

I guess you could... I bought the baby one at first. The toddler one is huge in comparison. For a Brooklyn winter I'd recommend the Arctic Bundle Me, it's got a weather repellent cover and is really fleecy and warm. For the really cold days, I put DS in a snowsuit or parka and warm pants inside the Bundle Me and just made sure to uncover him as soon as we got indoors. Also with the Bundle Me they say you can use it as a head covering but in my stroller (Uppa Baby Vista) it made more sense to tuck the hood part around the seat so it stayed on nicely and the hood didn't flop in his face. I just put a hat on him.

There's a brand called 7AM Enfant, which is also super warm. Those are a bit more expensive but people love them.

rse

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 7:56 pm
I have the waterproof one I forgot the name its jjcole not the artic and not the fleece in between in warmth
I had one last year in infant size which is very small but this year I got the toddler size and it is very big I dont think it would of been good for my six month old last winter.
so last winter I put her in a coat or light snowsuit(carters one piece sweatshirt type thing) with a sweatshirt on top and a hat I also usually put her plastic cover from the stroller on to and she was really warm even through all of last years snowstorms and we walk alot!!
this year shes older (almost 18 months) and she doesnt go for the plastic cover at all! but when I stick my hand inside her bundle me (urban its called I just remembered) I feel the heat so im pretty sure its warm! the artic sounded too warm for me!

morah

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 8:22 pm
I use the toddler one for an infant. Just tuck in the sides so it's snug. Mine is called Toastie Toddler.

bnm

Post Mon, Dec 26 2011, 11:55 pm
yes you can get the toddler one right away. my 3 year old still fits into hers... I use the Arctic one for Brooklyn, the kid wears a coat underneath
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics