Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Music therapy

amother

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 1:40 pm
Anyone have experience with music therapy for their child with ADD or other issues? What about related therapies like art, animals, etc?

Did it help?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 02 2012, 9:30 pm
I would like to know as well. My son has been bugging me for a cat. But he's so impulsive and strong I'm afraid he'd hurt one... On the other hand... Maybe a pet is a good thing? I mean it's different from animal therapy, but I think there's something to it...

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Jan 03 2012, 1:43 am
One of my kids had music therapy for a time. It was wonderful. we had a fantastic therapist who helped him a lot.

Second amother, how about gardening? My ds aged 8 has a few projects that he's working on. He grows all sorts of things, flowers and vegetables. It's a very cheap hobby - all I had to buy was the soil, and the plant pots are old containers (cans, plastic). He takes complete responsibility for everything and can spend ages looking after his plants. He even asks me to research in the internet eg why things aren't growing as they should, or how long the new batch of tomatoes should take to ripen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)