Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando

cute mommy

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 6:35 pm
I want to plan a vacation to orlando this winter for like 4-5 days. where do I begin? I mean flights, hotel booking, tickets for the park? we are a family of 5, 2 parents and 3 girls ba'h. we dont need a fancy hotel, just a clean place we can sleep and eat in. we will probably bring most of our food with a sandwich maker and a small electric grill, a water kettle etc. just have never been there so dont know where to start looking. we live in north jersey, so again like I said we need to book flights hotel and tickets for parks.
waiting to hear from you, thanks.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 6:39 pm
Innhouse rentals has some fantastic homes, beautiful, comfortable, spacious, for about $100 a night. Google it.

As far as the parks- check online for your best deal.

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 6:40 pm
Hi, I was just playing around with Travelocity for you on your other thread. I had selected Orlando. You should go on that site. It will link you with others. I don't know your dates. The cheapest flight was $243 by arbitrarily selecting a one week trip.

I hate Orlando; but my kids loved it. Chabad had a great deal there for Sukkot. It was a two bedroom suite with 2 baths and kitchen facilities for a little over $100 a night. There are 5 Kosher supermarkets. The local Chabad Rabbi was really great.

Car rental is real cheap. We took a trip to Daytona. They have three Kosher restaurants.

cute mommy

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 6:50 pm
thanks appreciate it, isnt that too much for a ticket per person?

thisone

Post Wed, Jan 04 2012, 6:52 pm
If you can find a deal on a Disney hotel that has a kitchenette, sometimes the hotel has enough cool stuff that you could actually take a day off of parks and just enjoy the hotel. For instance, the Animal Kingdom Lodge has giraffes wandering around the yard (and poking their noses into balcony guest rooms). We used to take the monorail between hotels and get off and explore each one. There aren't rides, but the monorail is kindof like one and each hotel has something neat. I don't know if any Disney hotels have kitchenettes, but I know there are timeshares nearby that have their own mini-water parks and do have them, we stayed there with my in-laws and my MIL was able to make an amazing amount of food with what she brought. Disney customer service is amazing, though, it might be worth just calling their 800 reservation number and discussing different options.

imokay

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 1:42 pm
check out floridays resort for a great place 2 stay- affordable, near all parks, 2-3 bedrooms, kitchen that is kosherable, near giant supermarket, washer/ drier
for minivan rental, I found hotwire was cheapest per day- they only tell u the rental company name after purchase but I never had a problem
for airline tickets, I dont know what dates u need but jetblue has some tickets from jfk to mco for 86 per way which is a good price
as far as parks go, unless u get a multiple park pass (the magic ur way ones) u can't really find savings for each individual disney park- but check ur credit card company- sometimes u can trade in points for tickets and save that way (I think visa card points can get u universal tickets)
have fun!

faigie

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 4:35 pm
Spirit air has an INSANE deal now for airfare to orlando.

racz

Post Mon, Jan 09 2012, 11:25 am
we stayed at www.saratogaresortvillas.com years ago, I would personally stay on grounds. The villas are great they have 2 and 3 bedroom with full kitchen, you can kosher out the top of the stove and use. There was a bathroom with shower downstairs, 2 bedrooms upstairs (there is also a model with 3) and full bathroom upstairs, the living room has a sleep in coach as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics