Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Curious to hear other opinions heres the story

amother

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 12:44 pm
I got two shaitels recut by someone other than the original person I bought it from she told me I have a few months to recut it as many times as I want without paying more- I went back to retrim it a few weeks later-the shaitel had been washed and set recently and didnt need to be reset- she cut it and in the process obviously messed it up-she reset both of them and then charged me the cost of a reset (not a wash) for each. I like her a lot and didnt say anything but felt this is very unfair what do you think? does your shaitelmacher do the same thing?

yksraya

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 12:48 pm
that was actually the reason why I stopped using my sheitel macher.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 1:12 pm
I had this with a previous sheitelmacher and stopped using her for that reason, who do you use now?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 1:35 pm
I had such a story too, I bought a Sheitel by someone, that was gonna be my shaitel for my wedding.
She cut it and Styled it (nothing major a little bit of height) and she charged 50 dollars for styling it. (hello, I had just paid her over 2,000) I was really upset, isnt styling supposed to be with the cut?

And I had another story with her, I washed and set my wig by her (was elegant wig) and it fell apart that day. It looked awful, I went back to her to fix it, she decided she needs to wash it again cuz full of hairspray
and of course she charged me again 50 dollars.
I was really upset, I didnt even wear the wig and fell apart.
So that is that with my sheitel macher, I need to switch to someone else now

(anon, cuz ppl know me IRL and it is LH)

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 2:12 pm
I had my shaitel dyed & she she charged me for setting it after, but she warned me. I could've brought it home wet if I wanted to.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 2:31 pm
(original mother posting) I felt that if she had warned me that would be one thing put to just do it after she messed it up!! was really frusturating think I should say something?

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 2:50 pm
While it is frustrating, my local cheap hair chain (like Supercuts) charges separately for a haircut and a wash and blowout. So you can go get your $15 haircut but pay extra for the other stuff. They are very upfront about that though. And I guess when you pay so much for a sheitel to be done, you assume everything is included. This is kind of a lesson, now you'll know to always ask a lot of questions regarding what's included and cost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics