Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Ideas for all-day family game like Amazing Race

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jan 11 2012, 4:52 pm
I'm looking for creative ideas for planning an all-day family game that we can play maybe on one of the intermediate days of Pesach, when everyone is around. Something like The Amazing Race, with teams that travel around the city doing tasks.

I'm thinking of a version I might call Alav Hara'aya - Burden of Proof. Each team has to prove that they accomplished the tasks, with cell phone photos, receipts, etc.

Some ideas:
Ride a bus somewhere and save the stubs.
Bowl a full game. (Too expensive?)
Visit a family whose last name starts with "K".
Email me an online Pesach card. Include an original rhyme.
Bring back a child whose father is a kollel member.
Eat matzah with chocolate spread.

(Restrictions due to it being Chol Hamoed Pesach: No writing (but computers and phones are ok). Preferably no purchasing food. No purchasing items that are not needed for the holiday.)

Nothing expensive, please! I'm willing to invest some money but not a lot.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 6:01 am
bump
No one's game? Wink

HooRYou

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 6:12 am
Could go around the city beforehand and take pictures or otherwise give clues (like riddles) of specific things in specific places and then tell your participants they have to go there and take a picture allowing them to find the place or solve the riddle.

cinnamon

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 6:15 am
this sounds like so much fun!
maybe I'll do it with my sisters and there families (since my kids are to young to do it on our own)

some ideas:
go to a park and slide down the sliding pone ten times (they need to figure out how to proove they actually slid ten times)

prepare something for lunch (or supper) - each group makes something so together you have a full meal.

I'll try to think of more ideas

cinnamon

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 6:21 am
here is another one:
call someone to say chag sameach to (again they need to figure out how to prove this)

cinnamon

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 6:24 am
change a baby's diaper (any baby your's your neighbour's, some random baby on the street Smile)

kb

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 6:46 am
Where are you all going to be? In Yerushalayim you could include things like walk around the walls of the old city to find the next clue, and then the next clue could be to find some sort of something in the shuk / old city and bring it back...

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 7:07 am
I would do prep work and give them tasks like tell me the name of the owner of a specific bookstore in geula.
Or if we're doing bookstores count how many hagadas they sell in the store (they will have to remember the number).
Also they could count how many shoe stores there are on yaffo, or closed chametz shops on Shtraus, or whatever.

Get a non gebruchts recipe from a bubbie (not theirs obviously).
Take pictures with tourists from five different countries (5 different pictures).
Try taking at least 4 different buses/train to get from point A to B (you can take as many buses as you want as long as you're under 80 minutes I think).
I can think of more if you want.

willow

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 1:21 pm
I don't have any ideas but I am going to watch cuz I think this is a fantastic idea. Kudos to you.

Sherri

Post Thu, Jan 12 2012, 1:29 pm
willow wrote:
I don't have any ideas but I am going to watch cuz I think this is a fantastic idea. Kudos to you.
Same here. Sounds great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics