Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim Mishloach Manot Themes
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Chanie

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 10:54 am
I've always wanted to get dressed up, but my HB would never do it.

Let's see, what are ideas that I've used over the years.....
Last year I filled a vase with jelly beans and had fruit leather flowers coming out. (My son dressed up like a really cute sefer torah.)
The year before my son dressed up like a farmer and we gave out a basket of mini fruits and vegetables.
The year before that we gave out breakfast.. chocolate milk, bagels, jelly, fruit...
Before marriage I was also into themes.
One year I gave out a trifle made in a champagne glass with a small bottle of champagne.
I cannot think clearly now of all the ideas I used.. but maybe I'll post more later.
One year my brother was going out over Purim time and my now sister-in--law went to a friend of mine to eat the Purim meal. They were all talking about how I made the cutest mesh monas' every year, none of them knew my sister-in-law was going out with my brother, just happened to be the topic at the table.

Rivk

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 8:48 pm
I heard the grossest/ funniest/ weirdest thing that someone once did. Sent an apple juice box and a brownie wrapped up in a diaper and wrote on it "Happy Purim! look what our son made!" LOL shock

gryp

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 8:51 pm
that is absolutely vile. Very Happy

Sunshine

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 9:20 pm
That is too gross for words! shock Surprised

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 9:35 pm
Creative yes shock but not yomtovdik for sure shock

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 10:34 pm
well, it really depends on how many diapers you get!!! Twisted Evil

supermom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 3:06 am
zuncompany wrote:
. So, I am going to get popcorn bags from the theaters. Fill it with movie theater stuff (candies, twislers, popcorn, etc...) and put in a dvd of the kids.

sara

Now that is a splendid idea!!

CS

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 7:25 pm
I like themes - mexican - small bag of nachos, avocado, small bottle of salsa, bottle of beer tea, cookies, lemon in a mug wine and cheese and crackers on a cheese board 99 cent store is my best friend at Purim time

I love the flower pot idea with a chocolate muffin and lollipop flower

I also love the Shabbos idea - I'm known for my salads - it would be great to give them out as manos

also - some of these posts are so negative- what a surprise - can't we have one thread without gripes???

IT'S A HAPPY TIME OF YEAR - REMEMBER?

Mommish

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 10:59 am
I wanted to keep it simple this year, so I'm baking a ton of chocolate chip cookies and giving with a small carton of milk. Then I saw a cookie monster costume online, so now of course I have to dress my baby as cookie monster to give out the cookies & milk. (It helps that one of the few words she says well is "cookie."

micki

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 1:12 pm
thanks to someones suggestion here my kids will be crayons!!

and to make it more exciting they can pick their own color and even be 2 colors!!!
I am sooo grateful that my kids are so non picky and even though my oldest wanted to be queen esther she BORUCH HASHEM likes the idea of crayons.
I REALLY need to keep it simple this year as I won't have too much time to make costumes and who know what I'll be up to come purim time. (my due date)
crayons should be really easy to make.
is it normal that I prepare the shaloch manos now too?

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 2:14 pm
Quote:
is it normal that I prepare the shaloch manos now too?

Twisted Evil Micki Since when did you do anything that is normal?!
But if you are going to anyway then Why not but no perishables and away from kids eyes and noses! Very Happy

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 5:44 pm
0613 wrote:

I was thinking of doing a baby theme this year, since I'm B"EH expecting 2 weeks before purim. the only thing I came up with is buying those snack bags of baby carrots. I have yet to do a themed shalach manos, so it probably won't end up happening this year, either Sad

0613, why dont you get, baby tamatoes, the baby carrots, you could get candies in the shape of pacifiers( not share where but I have seen them), and other baby themed things in a baby bottle from the dollar stores, you could get 2 for a $ maybe.

I am full of ideas for u but cant find something for my self yet.

micki

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 5:53 pm
ooh can I steal that idea too? and the candies I can buy ahead of time, how much do baby bottles cost? you know the clear gerber pack of 3's? if they are cheap then it would be cute to fill the bottles with different candies!

BlumaG

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 6:35 pm
oh I luv the baby bottle idea

I was debating dresing my daughter as a crayon n buying pencil boxes n crayons and put nosh in there

micki

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 7:03 pm
why not
Quote:
but no perishables

?

and I wonder if I can buy empty crayon boxes directly from the factory. its about 2 hour drive away from us and we've been there several times. if I can get empty boxes and fillt hem with nosh- cause what if this baby is stubborn and stays in until its due date?

mommy2

Post Thu, Feb 24 2005, 7:57 pm
My 3 year old wants to be twins with my two yr old. Now maybe I can make them twin crayons. How will you dress them up as crayons??

Post Mon, Feb 28 2005, 12:55 pm
Rochel Leah wrote:
0613 wrote:

I was thinking of doing a baby theme this year, since I'm B"EH expecting 2 weeks before purim. the only thing I came up with is buying those snack bags of baby carrots. I have yet to do a themed shalach manos, so it probably won't end up happening this year, either Sad

0613, why dont you get, baby tamatoes, the baby carrots, you could get candies in the shape of pacifiers( not share where but I have seen them), and other baby themed things in a baby bottle from the dollar stores, you could get 2 for a $ maybe.

I am full of ideas for u but cant find something for my self yet.

thanks Rochel Leah... I just came up w/ some of those ideas, myself, at 4am this morn. when I was lying in bed wide awake shock . when you say baby tomatoes, do you mean, cherry/grape tomatoes? would ppl. "get" that those are "baby" tomatoes? I'm even thinking of writing up a poem (like, today) and then I'll print it after the baby's born (b'shaah tovah) on either pink or blue Wink paper. you think I should give a whole can of baby corn? how am I gonna get that into a baby botttle? I was also thinking of just using some baby gift bags.

anyone else know of "baby" foods?
THANKS!!!

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 11:02 am
Someone mentioned the school kid idea,,,dress kid up like school kid and give out shalach manos in a lunch bag or supply box....what can I put in it? but should I dress my son as a schoolgirl ( he has long hair pigtails) or school boy...I have no outfit though ideas for one ?

micki

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 12:09 pm
rochel leah- get a little plaid pleated skirt- white knee socks and mary janes. a white button down oxford shirt and a navy blue cardigan. put his hair in pigtails and paint some freckles with eyeliner. across his nose.
cute.

and crayons? I just finished for the kids- I'll try to explain.

I made a sandwhich board out of fabric- every kid picked their own color- (they actually picked 2 and each side is a different color. but it was harder)
cut out a peice of fabric the length of your kid from shoulder to midcalf. width- about one foot. cut 2 pieces.
lay batting (a fluffy filler that comes flat- not like stuffing) on the backside of the fabrics. sew all three layers together around the edges except for a fist size opening . cut the batting so its flush with the edges of the fabric.
stick your hand inside the openeing you left, and flip the whole thing inside out. the batting should now be inside the fabric.
sew the opening shut.

make 2 of these fabric boards.
take elastic and sew to the top so it can sit on the shoulders- like suspenders. and another elastic to hold the sides from flying.
puff paint "crayola" or whatever you want ont he 2 sides.

for the hat I made a clown hat shape- like a birthday hat, and cut out of the fabric with a very stiff fusible interfacing so it will stay upright ironed to the backside. you can either leave it to be a pointy top, or I like to make things harder for myself and I cut the top 3 inches off, then cut out a circle about 2 cm bigger than the opening left and sleit the circle so when the slits are folded it makes a smaller circle the size of the opening left in the hat. then I glued that in. this creates the flat top of the crayon when it is brand new.
then I attached elastic to go under the chin- and I was done.

I also made the hats 2 colors- because each kid is 2 colors so I had to sew the 2 colors together- but again I like to make things harder on myself...

good luck if you need more info pm me and I wish there was a way I could show you a picture...
sorry if this is too much info.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 5:13 pm
Micki, we got to see the pics!!!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics