Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Need popcorn cauliflower recipe from KBD

ceo

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 7:07 pm
there is a recipe in one of the Kosher by design books called popcorn caulflower. I think it's in KBD Entertains. Could someone post it for me?

This isn't the cauliflower recipe from KBD kids in the kitchen.

thanks!

redhot

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 7:20 pm
here it is:

2 heads cauliflower, cut head into medium sized florets and discard stems
1 teaspoon salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 - 1/2 tsp tumeric
6 - 8 Tablespoons olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Line a jelly roll pan or baking sheet with parchment paper
3. in a large bowl, combine the salt, sugar, spices and oil. Add cauliflower florets and toss to evenly coat.
4. Place in a single layer on the prepared sheet
5. Roast uncovered for 30-35 minutes until the largest piece can be pierced with a fork. If the tops are starting to get too brown, toss the cauliflower during the baking process.

ENJOY!!

anon

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 3:34 pm
This is so much fun! I just had this cauliflower recipe at a friend's house and she said it's from KBD Entertains. However, I don't have that cookbook and wanted to make this dish, but didn't feel like calling her up for the recipe.

And then I just came across this thread! How fun and convenient! Did I ever mention that I like Imamother?? Very Happy

MMEC123

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 5:48 pm
This is one of my favorite recipes. And it even tastes good cold if I feel like eating it Shabbos day!

happy

Post Sun, Oct 22 2006, 6:10 pm
has anyone tried this using frozen cauliflower? will it work?

MMEC123

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 7:05 am
happy wrote:
I've never used anything but frozen cauliflower. I was told that if you let it defrost first it will come out less soggy but I've done it both ways and don't see a difference.

batya_d

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 4:42 pm
MMEC123 wrote:
happy wrote:
I've never used anything but frozen cauliflower. I was told that if you let it defrost first it will come out less soggy but I've done it both ways and don't see a difference.

I tried it with frozen and was not so successful-- it was too watery. But I can't afford the fresh anymore ($2/head, which doesn't make much, and this recipe is so delish it goes fast!) I'm going to try it again with frozen, defrost first, and bake longer if necessary.

Blossom

Post Mon, Oct 23 2006, 5:57 pm
This is cute. I just took out the KBD cookbook which I hadn't used in a while and was skimming thru it. Then I came across the page of the Cauliflower popcorn and was thinking I should really make it. Looks delicious. So now that you're all talking about it, I'm really tempted to do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes