Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
ISO pediatric allergist in J-lem
1  2  Next

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 2:32 pm
Do you know of a very competent English-speaking pediatric allergist? I must take my 1 yr old. Her diet is soo limited because of the foods that I suspect she is allergic to and I would like to confirm it. She has gained almost no weight in the past 3 months and I'm a bit concerned about her. Please let me know if you know an allergist and if you used him.

Thanks!

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jan 24 2012, 3:30 pm
bump

anonymrs

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 8:30 am
hmm.....nobody took their kid to an allergist? really?

5*Mom

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 10:05 am
Lazer Fruchter, allergist/immunologist. His office is called AIM on Kanfei Nesharim. We haven't been in a few years, but he was very good.

Marion

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 12:32 pm
Sure, my kids see THE allergist (Dr. Shlomo Bar-Sela, Meuchedet, in Malcha). I have no idea if he's English speaking, however. He definitely reads (and understands) English, as he took the letter I brought when I made aliyah and translated it into the system here...and he managed to communicate just fine with my mom when she took DS#1 for a food challenge last summer. (I couldn't take him because they were challenging a food I'm allergic to!)

poemmom

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 2:15 pm
I'd love an answer to this too. I have Macabi --I will check if those mentioned take it.

Also, does anyone here provide (medical) desensitization therapy for food allergies?

Marion

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 1:09 am
I think in Schneider they do desensitization for kids. There was a post about it a while back on the Yahel website. Poemmom, I'm pretty sure Dr. Bar Sela is Meuchedet only...he doesn't have enough hours in the day to be working for more than one kupah!

Ima'la

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 1:42 am
Marion wrote:
Sure, my kids see THE allergist (Dr. Shlomo Bar-Sela, Meuchedet, in Malcha). I have no idea if he's English speaking, however. He definitely reads (and understands) English, as he took the letter I brought when I made aliyah and translated it into the system here...and he managed to communicate just fine with my mom when she took DS#1 for a food challenge last summer. (I couldn't take him because they were challenging a food I'm allergic to!)

I second this. Dr. Bar Sela's English is excellent and he is a very good allergist. I took my son for food allergies (at age 1 for the first time) and dh used to get allergy shots there.

Marion, did he move to Malcha? Last I heard (which was a while ago - we haven't been there for a while) he was in Kiryat Yovel - schleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Malcha would be an improvement, especially if he's near the mall!

Ima'la

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 1:44 am
Just checked the Meuhedet website. Kinyon Malha! Woohoo - the train goes right there!

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 1:54 am
We have Maccabi and used Dr. Sanders in the Bell Center. We liked her.

kalsee

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 2:24 am
I went to someone who was specifically a pedeatric allergist through meuchedet and I was very unimpressed. I would not recommend her at all.

poemmom

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 4:42 am
Marion wrote:
I think in Schneider they do desensitization for kids.

What's Schneider?

Marion

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 4:47 am
The children's hospital. Attached to Tel Hashomer? Or Rambam? I don't remember.

Dr. Bar Sela is now in the "allergy clinic" in the Malcha Mall Tower. (Not the Gan haTechnology, the one you can access via the 2nd floor at the mall...elevators opposite Tav haShmini.) I think the 4th floor; you get off the elevator and turn left. (We were there last week for my annual "need to get a new Epi-Pen" appointment.) Yes, they were in Kiryat Yovel until sometime last year, and before that on Ben Sira.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 4:53 am
Schneider Children's Hospital is attached to (Rambam) Beilinson Hospital in Petach Tikvah.

poemmom

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 5:01 am
Thanks!
That's far (I'm in Maale Adumim).. do you know how frequently kids usually need to show up for the treatment?

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 8:30 am
Thanks for the replies!

Does anyone know if I need to get a referral or something?

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 9:12 am
If you're with Maccabi, I know you for sure DO.

poemmom

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 12:19 pm
I called Schneider and they said the doc needs to fax them a referral.

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 1:47 pm
I'm on meuhedet.

Marion

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 1:52 pm
Poemmom, I know you're in MA. Smile Petach Tikva is not THAT far, but it's not Jerusalem. The merkaz is the only place to do it though.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics