Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation help florida ASAP

letschat

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 2:07 am
Hi,
Were going to Florida iyh this Monday. First were going to Orlando till Thursday night, and we'll be staying in Miami till Tuesday. My questions are, is there anything else in Orlando besides Disney world? Where can we go to eat, don't really want to bring along food. How does Disney world work, I go to whichever park I want in the morning or does it have to be prebooked? Are there any attractions in Miami, what are the major ones? What can I do about shabbos?
I'm traveling with just my husband, there will be no kids.
Sorry for the long rant, I would appreciate any info.
Thanks Very Happy

smilingmom

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 8:18 am
There are a lot of post on Disney, search previous posts. There is kosher food available at each park, and if you eat non chalav yisroel, there are many snack options. I would get a package and stay on premises. There is so much for two adults to do, that it is definitely worth staying on premises. You will never be bored.

Miami has jungle island, the Everglades, see aquarium and boat rides. I loved the Everglades best.
There are a lot of restaurants that serve prepaid meals on shabbos.
And there are tons of places to rent bikes.

Enjoy.

letschat

Post Sat, Jan 28 2012, 7:06 pm
Tnx, anyone else? Basically I wanna know how the parks work. I was told to take along food since restaurants there are run down and dirty, is this true?
Thanks Very Happy

Levtov

Post Sat, Jan 28 2012, 11:30 pm
There is also Sea world, which I found very interesting. Today it is so easy to take ready meals from Meal mart or KJ. They dont need refrigeration and can be warmed up in microwave. You can buy fruits and veggies at Publix all over. Take some cracker, cheese and tuna (and nosh) to take along to parks for lunch. Enjoy, it is really nice.

letschat

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:25 am
Thanks, can't wait!!

Isher

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:40 am
Dh and I really enjoyed Epcot, we actually spent two days at there. We bought a 5 day pass and used it for 2 days at epcot 1 day at the following animal kingdom, hollywood studios and disneyworld. Of the 4 parks epcot was hands down the best, the rest is in order above. Seaworld is also a beautiful place to visit.

We did eat dinner one night at epcot they had burgers that weren't bad. We packed peanut butter and jelly rolls for lunch and some nosh.. We ate supper one night at Lower East Side. The other nights we microwaved Tuv Taam frozen dairy dishes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics