Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need advice fast....

CHANY115

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 7:34 pm
my son which just turned 2 was accepted in yeled vyalda early headstart and was there for 10 days and they rejected him, telling me that he needs a shaddow or special ed. I had him evaluated and they found nothing wrong with him. he is a very active, smart 2 year old boy. and for a shaddow I have to pay myself 15 dollars a hour.
yeled vyalda has 8 kids with 2 teachers and they claim that they couldn;t handle him because he was all over the place and he sometimes would hit kids, eat crayons etc. they claim he needs center based special ed school but he would not get approved for it since he is very smart bh cognivetly he has no delay. what can I do now. I want find a better playgroup then this small setting for him. if you have any private advise you can e-mail it to: chanybraun@yahoo.com

amother

Post Tue, Oct 24 2006, 8:00 pm
Ask yeled vyalda to write a report that includes the details of your child's behavior & the reasons for expelling him from their program and then call Board of Ed. & explain what happened.

youngmommy

Post Wed, Oct 25 2006, 7:29 am
Special ed bec. he hits other kids and is very active?!?
He is two after all - what are they expecting?
If it was me I would find someplace else for him - tell the teachers beforehand that he can be a handful and see if they are willing to work with you - my guess is that they will be unless there really is some serious issues requiring S.E. which from you posts seems not to be the case.

Ask around about playgroups in your area - good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics