Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight Watchers Points in Chulent

morahtikvah

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 10:28 pm
How many Points Plus do you count in your chulent? How did you come up with that number?

Thanks

cmommy

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 10:49 pm
Do you have access to e-tools? I put in my recipe, and it comes to around 5 points per serving - but it really depends on how much beans, barley, potatoes and meat you put in as well as flavoring.

morahtikvah

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 12:33 am
Thanks, I don't have etools, but while looking up something else in the food companion I was surprised to find cholent listed. Like yours what the listed was 5 points a cup. At first that seemed low to me but then I thought about what my chulent is made up of.

I figure garlic, onions, spices and ketchup are insignificant. A cup of beans or barley is 5 points. A cup of potato is 4. The meat is less clear but it does seem to me that when I do the meat half chicken half beef 5pp a cup is quite accurate. Probably six when it is all beef and maybe 7 when it is really beefy. Chulent seems like a really good deal points plus.

How do you count matza balls? The book says 2 1.5 inch ones are 3 points. Also surprised me how low it was.

cmommy

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 12:44 am
For Matzoh Balls I put in my recipe as follows:
2 large eggs
1 Cup Matzoh Meal
1 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp. water
salt
pepper
1 tsp. baking powder (makes them light and fluffy)

Yields:16

They came out to 1 point per ball. (It could be that if you do 2, it makes it 3 points as it doesn't calculate 1 1/2 points)

Just so that you know, as of 2012, potatoes are now 7 points for 1 large raw potato , or 3 points for 1 cup cooked potatoes.

morahtikvah

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 11:13 am
Thanks, I may try your matza bakk recipe for shabbat. I have not been thrilled with mine lately.

cmommy

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 1:09 am
I didn't see that you posted until now. My measurements are approximate, I end up going by the consistency. I learned a great tip for cooking so that they come out nice and fluffy. Bring salted water to a boil in a pot. Then roll the mixture into balls and drop into the water. Once you are done rolling, cover the pot and lower the flame, just so that it is simmering. Keep it on the fire for 1/2 hour DO NOT OPEN THE POT COVER After 1/2 hour of cooking, remove from the flame and let sit for 10 minutes with the cover on. I almost alway achieve fluffy matzoh balls!

morahtikvah

Post Thu, Feb 09 2012, 10:27 pm
Thanks. I am going to try my recipe but your cooking technique for matza balls for shabbat. Thanks so much for your points calculations. I just put a weight watchers lemon pie (dairy) in the oven. It is so good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise