Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
My dog was my baby until I had a baby - Now what?
Previous  1  2  3

sequoia

Post Sat, Feb 18 2012, 5:55 pm
Let's not post pet horror stories here, okay? Just like you wouldn't post homebirth horror stories in the natural parenting forum. There's plenty of space on imamother for that.

amme

Post Sat, Feb 18 2012, 6:16 pm
sequoia wrote:
You know, when I petitioned Yael to have a pets forum, I didn't think it would turn into a forum where people persuaded others to GET RID of their pets.

That's not what the forum [I] is turning into, its merely the practical and correct advice for this particular thread.

How would you all feel if the dog does end up hurting the baby?

yjlz

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 8:19 am
Well in all honesty my Dog has gotten better... maybe it was a transitional thing?

I don't think she could actually break the skin if she did bite someone because her teeth are so weak btw!

If I had a good home for her I would send her away still but it doesn't look like I'll find one.

What do you ladies think about having a dog and living in an NY community like Passaic or Far Rockaway?

yjlz

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 8:20 am
And thank you SOSO much for all the ideas.

finprof

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 9:14 am
I understand your concern for your child but I honestly don't understand your fear of community reactions to a pet? Why would you want to move to a community that doesn't accept you just because you have a dog? If a pet is such a big deal what makes you think they will accept BTs at all?

I'm a BT and lived in WRP for a while (with my dog) there were a few problems with people in the neighborhood but never with people in my shul- the ones I would consider part of my community!

Why would you want to join a close minded community?

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Feb 19 2012, 10:28 am
yjlz wrote:
Well in all honesty my Dog has gotten better... maybe it was a transitional thing?

I don't think she could actually break the skin if she did bite someone because her teeth are so weak btw!

If I had a good home for her I would send her away still but it doesn't look like I'll find one.

What do you ladies think about having a dog and living in an NY community like Passaic or Far Rockaway?

I lived in Passaic with a dog. Don't worry about it. Far Rockaway? I can't swear to it but it wouldn't surprise me if dogs lived there as well.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets