Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
I don't recognize my son anymore :-(
Previous  1  2

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 8:51 am
Is it possible he is imitating another student in his class?

You said he has a best friend with whom he hangs out frequently. Does his friend use the type of language your son has been using lately?

Maybe I don't fully understand the magnitude of the problem you are experiencing, but I would check obvious factors before assuming it is something drastic like molestation, PANDAS, distended rectum, etc.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 11:00 am
When my pediatrician does a well visit on my children (younger than 5), she tells them that nobody is allowed to touch you. She says it in a very nice way, on a level that they can understand.
No, I don't think it's too young.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 11:33 am
I think while it's always good to be alert about the possibility of molestation, the panic reactions on this thread seem to be a bit extreme. My son at the same age had identical symptoms. He became very clingy to one particular friend, and was very silly in school and at home. He also started saying weird things about his body. He went from being a sweet easy-going boy to a difficult impulsive immature one. A few days after his sudden change in behavior he started to have episodes of urinary incontinence. Blood work showed PANDAS, which b"h was resolved with extensive antibiotics. Please do blood work, as lyme disease has similar symptoms as well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers