Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Looking to by dd Pesach dresses online

mommyofnineka

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 4:13 am
I am looking to buy my daughters (ages 9, 6, 3) matching summer dresses for our upcoming Shabbos Bar Mitzvah and Pesach, can a/o recemmend someplace I can buy inexpensive (no more than $25) dresses online?

tovli toraspicha

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 7:30 am
http://www.childrensplace.com/....._girl

children's place has some really cute jumpers that you can pair with a shell.
If you use a 15 or 20% off coupon most of them will certainly be less than $25
mazel tov and good lyck finding something!

mommyofnineka

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 7:45 am
thanks, but I think they are too short.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 10:15 am
I've done very well at Children's Place. The jumpers are usually not too short at all.

Skirts are. Do you have a Children's Place near you - otherwise you can check the photo and the inches described. Also buying one size larger may solve the problem.

Good Luck.

elf123

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 10:25 am
This specific one is very pretty and the description says it's a "below-the-knee" length.
http://www.childrensplace.com/.....27151|133161_girl|dresses%20&%20rompers_girl

I agree with the previous poster, you can always go up a size if you are concerned.
In the price range and sizes you mentioned, I really don't think you are going to do better than Children's Place.

5*Mom

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 10:26 am
Try dillards.com

elf123

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 10:37 am
5*Mom wrote:
Try dillards.com

I just looked through out of curiosity. Not much selection in OP's price range, though, and I don't necessarily think the lengths will be longer than CP. But they do have a very big selection in general.

NYmommy

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 11:42 am
Kohls.com

ysydmom

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 12:21 pm
Jc Penney has such pretty ones as well as sears just find one you like and then check all the stores for the best price I only shop online saves money and time!

5*Mom

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 12:26 pm
elf123 wrote:
5*Mom wrote:
Try dillards.com

I just looked through out of curiosity. Not much selection in OP's price range, though, and I don't necessarily think the lengths will be longer than CP. But they do have a very big selection in general.

Rare Editions and Bonnie Jean dresses are always long enough; I've even had to hem some and have gotten more than one year per girl. Worth considering.

chabadnikit

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 2:20 pm
I recently discovered that amazon.com has nice inexpensive pesach dresses.

cm

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 4:32 pm
OP, if you find anything for your older daughter, please post!

My 12-year-old is petite through the shoulders/top, but has long legs. "Going up a size" doesn't work - it looks like she's wearing a shapeless bag that's too short.

We also love Rare Editions and Bonnie Jean, but in recent seasons they have been shorter. In the past I would get tea-length dresses that are more forgiving of long legs, but I haven't seen any for the past year or two.

We recently had a frustrating day at the mall. This year's styles in the mainstream stores are designed to be just barely knee length (above-knee on my kid); even the CP dresses (which are always too short) are above her knees.

Items at so-called "frum stores" are either too short or (in the case of casual skirts) floor length, which she doesn't like. So exasperating!

Chabadnikit, do you have some links from Amazon to share?

daisy

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 5:00 pm
This isn't online, but I found some really nice dresses at Marshalls and TJ Maxx for as low as 12.99 and no more than 24.99. They are the same types of dresses they have at the department stores, and some of them were longer.

momx6

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 7:23 pm
try amazon. Do a search for Sweet Heart Rose dresses. G'Luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics