Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is this normal?

momoftwo2

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 12:17 pm
My 2 month old cried a TON for weeks. She was more often up at nigh crying than feeding. The past few days she started going at night w outnursing for NINE HRS straight! I'm happy to finally hv my sleep, but is this ok for a fully breast-fed infant? & what abt nursing clean?

Health is a Virture

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 12:41 pm
most likely you won't nurse clean anymore. I would make sure that she is gaining weight since sometimes when a baby cries nonstop, it could be that they are just very hungry. It really isn't normal to cry nonstop either.

momoftwo2

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 12:44 pm
Forgot to mention that she gains beautifully b"h

granolamom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 12:47 pm
nursing clean is one of those things that you really cannot predict. common sense (and science) seems to indicate that if you bf on demand throughout the night and without pacifier you are more likely to nurse clean. but my personal experience differs. so possibly yours will as well. its nice to nurse clean but I wouldnt obsess about it.

as far as your baby, if baby is gaining well then just thank your lucky stars for the sleep. the nonstop crying could have been almost anything, an undiagnosed ear infection, gas, reflux, food sensitivity, temperament, colic (whatever that is). if its not happening anymore, no need to worry about it.

so long as baby is wetting regularly and having regular bowel movements, is alert when awake and generally happy, just enjoy!

IMHopinion

Post Sun, Mar 11 2012, 12:50 pm
Babies change their schedule very often. They can be up once an hour at night, then sleep through the night for a little whilem then cry once in 3 hours, then once an hour again!

U cannot predict.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics