Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Writing, and getting paid for it!

withhumor

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 8:42 pm
I think I can write well enough for people to pay me.

I have the ability to take any stupid incident and blow it up on paper in a very humorous way. I believe there should be a place for me to be able to publish these mini essays and get paid for it too. The question here is, the fact that I need someone to suggest the topic… is that something that plagues every writer being paid for a weekly? Or is it just me?

momontherun

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 8:48 pm
All writers have that! The best is just think of a humorous situation in everyday life and blow it up a bit. Sibling rivalry (based on what happened to you and your siblings as teenagers), misunderstandings, the yenta next door (I can help you with that), etc. Take everyday things that ppl can relate to. And publications are always looking for writers. Good writers. PM me if you want more info.

elkayed

Post Wed, Aug 23 2006, 1:07 pm
Every time you get a good idea or something happens that you can make into an essay...jot it down! Then you can pick and choose what topic you are in the mood of writing about.

withhumor

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 10:34 pm
I am happy to report that with the encouragement of a fellow imamother.com I got published! It is a blast, I’m loving every moment of it. Suggestions for topics are welcome anytime!

FINKEL

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 10:57 pm
am so happy for you
write about overweight people
their struggles
and the stupid comments they get every day
"are you loosing?"
duh, if your asking that means obviously not
so dont ask!

Imhappy!

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:33 pm
great for you!
where did you get published?

what about writing about those of us who are stay home moms, woking moms and working at home moms... there's lots of humor in everysituation and it's good to laugh at yourself once in a while....

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 8:24 pm
withhumor wrote:
I am happy to report that with the encouragement of a fellow Imamother.com I got published! It is a blast, I’m loving every moment of it. Suggestions for topics are welcome anytime!
where?????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics