Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
2 tea questions (rooibos/red tea)

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Fri, Mar 16 2012, 9:32 am
1) does rooibos also known as red tea, without any additional flavorings, all natural (from a co-op/ health-crazy store) need a hechsher? I ran out and a co worker picked some up, but it is bulk tea in a little baggie, so there is no way for me to know what the original manufacturer was

2) What are the halachos of using loose tea on Shabbos. Usually I use bags, but I heard there is a difference with loose tea. We hold that we can put the tea bag in a kli shilshi, as long as we dont squeeze it when we take it out. Would the same apply for loose tea? Should I fill the tea ball before Shabbos?

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Fri, Mar 16 2012, 12:00 pm
bump

little_mage

Post Fri, Mar 16 2012, 3:04 pm
As far as 1 goes, I would say that if you hold that you don't need certification on normal black/green/white tea, then the same would hold true for red tea. If on the other hand, you hold that you do need certification, I would argue that you probably need it here too.
Don't have a clue about number 2, though, sorry. I'd be interested to find out, if you can find an answer from other sources, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen