Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How Machmir are you when cleaning for pesach?

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:09 pm
I work in cleaning and something struck me.

I was asked to do something, but since I was getting paid I didn't really care, but in my opinion I feel it was a total waste of time and energy. from my point I wuld NEVER do it in my house.

I'm referring to sefarim.

this person had and I'm not exageratting a whole room FULL of sefarim in cluding 10 sets of gemaras and mishnayos etc, well I took me 3 or 4 or 5 days to clean and go through every sefer..honestly, I bet you some were not touched in years,

in my place, our motto is we clean the 1 or 2 sefarim dh will use and the rest we sell cus you know he won't be using 30 sefarim in 1 week.

bentchers/ zemiros I have special for pesach plus siddurim etc.

so how far do you go??

EmesOrNT

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:14 pm
I'm with you on this one. But I know that people do things that go wayyyy over what is required.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:18 pm
Wow! This is more than I ever heard, at least IRL...

Liba

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:20 pm
If you sell sefarim, do you take them down, out of the bookshelf and out of the room or mark them as sold somehow so no one uses a sold sefer by mistake?

We suffice with a year round "no sefarim on the table with food" rule and no year round sefarim on the Pesach table rule.

We don't clean sefarim but we also don't sell them.

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:36 pm
Liba wrote:
If you sell sefarim, do you take them down, out of the bookshelf and out of the room or mark them as sold somehow so no one uses a sold sefer by mistake?

We suffice with a year round "no sefarim on the table with food" rule and no year round sefarim on the Pesach table rule.

We don't clean sefarim but we also don't sell them.

we don't put them on the table.... as for sefarim dh deals with that...

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 1:45 pm
We clean the shelves that were used throughout the year. We use them shabbos and do find the need to go through them.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 2:10 pm
We check a few sefarim -- Tanach, siddur, my Kaplan chumash, whatever gemara the Daf Yomi is on -- but for the most part we simply don't bring year-round sefarim to the table.

We set up a card table near the dining table for anyone who wants to look at a year-round sefer.

Strawberry2

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 2:36 pm
emesornt wrote:
I'm with you on this one. But I know that people do things that go wayyyy over what is required.

How much of our Pesach cleaning is really spring cleaning?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 2:46 pm
This year a lot of my Pesach cleaning is spring cleaning. Last year DS#1 got married on 3 Nisan and we only did what was really necessary.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 6:55 pm
We don't put Sefarim on tables with food. Before Pesach we remove all the Sefarim, wash down the shelves and the covers of the Sefarim, and put them back.

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Mar 18 2012, 9:06 pm
Benchers I just put away with my chometz dishes. I bang out the siddurim, and the few seforim that typically find their way to the table for most Shabboses, but other than that, I just make sure not to bring books to the table on Pesach. (Really hard for me, because I like to read while I eat.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics