Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
No oil potato kugel?

stem

Post Fri, Sep 29 2006, 5:41 pm
I heard that there's a way to make potato kugul without oil. Something about boiling hot water? Anyone have a good recipe? Thank you!

red sea

Post Sat, Sep 30 2006, 8:32 pm
use your regular recipe and use applesauce instead of oil.

MMEC123

Post Sat, Sep 30 2006, 9:02 pm
My mother made a recipe one time that called for seltzer, potatoes, eggs, salt & pepper. That's it. I didn't think it was great but everyone else at the meals liked it.

withhumor

Post Sat, Sep 30 2006, 9:25 pm
I sometimes forget to put in the oil, for some reason. It tastes exactly the same but the texture is a bit strange, sort of like cotton candy & glue that hasn’t been mixed well. Also, the top part isn’t a crust, it resembles wood or Styrofoam so you might want to open the oven when it’s halfway through the baking and just smear some oil on top. On Sunday I take the leftovers and slice it into 1 inch thickness and reheat it in the George Forman, sort of like a pancake. It’s crispy and heavenly and everyone fights for the leftover kugel! If you have a reason for leaving the oil out, go ahead and best of health to you!

HooRYou

Post Wed, Nov 01 2006, 3:37 am
I often make my potato kugel without oil or it I add any it is never more than a couple of tablespoons. I do put oil in the pan though. My favorite is to make oil-less potato kugel on the stove like a giant pancake with just about 0.5 TBL of oil for the pan but its not DH's.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes