Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Furniture off the truck in brooklyn

NTR150153

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 7:17 am
I am looking to buy an inexpensive couch off the truck but cant find the truck. does anyone have a number to them?

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:04 am
Is this for REAL?

Sherri

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:26 am
I'll bite. Um, what's "off the truck"?

connie

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:35 am
I dont know their number but I saw them once on 18th ave around 52nd or 53rd. do they still park there?

connie

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:37 am
they sell new couches inexpensive. literally "off the truck."

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:42 am
My parents, grandparents and at least one aunt have bought lounge chairs several times...

The schpiel is truck comes up from North Carolina which has a huge furniture-making industry and they sell furniture at pretty low prices... but buyer beware...

Sherri

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:47 am
So what's the catch? Inferior quality? Stolen merchandise?

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:48 am
Inferior quality on some, damage on other pieces... and sometimes you can buy it for less online... those seem to be the most common complaints (if you google North Crolina furniture truck New York, you can read some buyer beware posts.)

alwaybhappy

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:52 am
My mother bought a reclining rocking chair many years ago and it still is in gr8 shape and is the most comfortable. I don't know about anything else though bec that is the only thing we ever got from it.
They drive up and down the blocks and ring everyone's bell for them to come and see their furniture on the truck.....

connie

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:53 am
is the quality really that bad? they seemed brand new and in decent shape?
how could you get it for less on-line, used?

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 8:54 am
Ive seen them standing on 18th by 52/53 every few weeks...
Someone told me its good stuff.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 9:00 am
All my family members ever bought were recliners and I know they held up pretty well.

NTR150153

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 11:32 am
thanks everyone. will try to pass by 18 and see if they are there. if anyone has their tel number I would appreciate it.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Mar 19 2012, 11:35 am
They used to ring people's bells YEARS ago in the 18th avenue area. My parents bought a couch that lasted about 8 years.

Sh2

Post Thu, Mar 22 2012, 1:00 pm
I Google "North Carolina furniture truck comes to NY" and this forum popped up. It's not surprising that before Pesach it's "out with the old and (hopefully!) in with the new". Unfortunately nobody has posted a phone number and to go to Boro Park every day hoping to catch them isn't possible given my schedule. I have an old phone number for them, 336-250-9442 which is no longer valid. If anyone lives in the area of 18th Avenue and 52nd/53rd Street and is able to ask them for their phone number, it would be a big help to many if you'd post it. My mother and many other women I know used to buy from them. I haven't seen them in years and figured they weren't around anymore. I'm happy to see I'm wrong. Thanks and Tizku L'mitzvos!

NTR150153

Post Mon, Mar 26 2012, 7:38 am
bump still looking for the number. passed by 18 a few times last week and never saw them there
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics