Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Fitting Five Car Seats!!!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 16 2006, 10:37 pm
Help! We recently found out that we are expecting our fifth, b'shaah tovah. I know I have a lot of time to worry about this, but I'm very stressed. We have a seven passenger minivan which is leased. The lease is up about six months after this baby is due, so we need to be able to fit all five kids in for at least six months. Problem is, my oldest will be seven but she's very small so she still needs a booster. We definitely can't fit the car seats/boosters that we have now three across the back row. Anyone have any info on which car seats/boosters are the narrowest? We can really use three boosters, as dd #3 will be over three at the time.

realeez

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 9:22 am
I have a 7 seater minivan and I have 5 safety seats total.
2 built in carseats in the middle row
1 britax roundabout in the middle of the back row and booster seats on either side of that.

what kind of van do you have?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 9:56 am
Perhaps the 7 year old will have a growth spurt.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 11:52 am
OP here.
I have a Toyota Sienna with the 60/40 split in the back row. So the middle seat is soooo narrow. Is the Britax very narrow?

ny21

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 11:56 am
years ago I had to have three car seats

they used to make minivans with built in car seats by chrysler

we donated the beutiful van to chai life line .

realeez

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 12:41 pm
I have the grand caravan also w/ a split. the britax is interesting - the bottom (base) is narrow but hte top is big. boosters are usually small - especially the ones that are backless. it really should fit.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 12:44 pm
What if you have twins? You'll need 2 cars to take everyone ..........

miriam

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 12:46 pm
Take a tape measure with you when you are shopping for seats. Measure your car before hand. Hopefully you will find narrow enough seats to fit.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 17 2006, 4:51 pm
OP again.
Yeah, I know I really just have to get out there and try and/or measure. I really have a lot of time (I haven't even told my mother I'm pregnant yet!). I just started getting nervous about it. Today it's cold and raining so it'll have to wait. I'll let you know when I find out.

BTW - if I'm having twins (which I highly doubt, but thanks for making me nervous Surprised !) we will definitely be getting a new car.

ceo

Post Thu, Oct 19 2006, 12:48 am
There is a website called babybargains.com. They have a carseat forum over there. It might be worthwhile to post your question over there. The ladies there are very knowlegeable about carseats and cars and will be able to make some good suggestions.

raizy

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 12:02 am
I use the cosco car seats. alfa amega . I have 3 of those. then I use one built in car seat . and then I have one booster. dont buy these they are huge but I have an 8 passenger car. it comes in handy!!

but still does anybody know when a child doesnt need to use a car seat/booster anymore. what is the age or weight limit?

micki

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 8:50 am
we have a suburban and the max car seats is 5- its an 8 passenger so the back set we only put in two car seats. although now that I think about it- I think my bro once squeezed 3 car seats into the back seat of our chevy venture.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 10:51 am
raizy wrote:

but still does anybody know when a child doesnt need to use a car seat/booster anymore. what is the age or weight limit?
8 years/ 80 lbs. if you care to follow the "official" recommendation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics