Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
I got myself a garbage bowl and love it
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 7:14 pm
I saw in one of the jewish food magazines about a garbage bowl that's by Rachael Ray. At first I thought how dumb, just throw your garbage straight in the garbage or first in the sink or cutting board, or wherever, but I bought myself a cheap plastic bowl, less than $2, and use it all the time. I don't have to stand over the garbage, which is lower than the bowl on the counter and I don't have to scoop up the garbage from the sink. Anyone else have one?

I guess I did spend money on myself this year. This is in reference to the other thread on how much money you cost, which I wrote about $0. Rolling Eyes

tsiggelle

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 8:05 pm
I am glad for you

there are many 'little' things that can be bought very cheaply , which save someone a lot of trouble and the other cant see whats the use. so if others tell you , 'what did you buy it for', just keep in mind that they probably have other things they have and you see no need for.

enjoy using it!

mommydiaries

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 8:16 pm
I sit at a table and use a grocery bag

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 9:19 pm
I saw the same thing! It's a great idea, but ridiculous to buy a $35 bowl for that purpose. I have a bowl, line it with a plastic bag and that's it.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 9:20 pm
mommydiaries wrote:
I sit at a table and use a grocery bag

same here. All into the garbage at once.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 9:22 pm
I put the garbage can on a chair so I dont have to bend over it to peel stuff Very Happy

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 9:57 pm
I put a grocery bag or fruit store bag in the sink and peel over it (better height for me).

Dandelion1

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 10:55 pm
I usually use a bag, but it gets all wet and smooshed up. I love this idea, thanks for sharing.

Simple1

Post Sat, Mar 31 2012, 11:04 pm
My mother peels over a paper towel on the counter. What I do depends on my mood.

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 12:38 am
I put a plastic garbage bag into the sink and peel into it.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 12:46 am
I cut and peel veggies on a wood counter and use a dough scraper to push the peelings into the trash can that I keep adjacent.

wereafamily

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 1:00 am
I love this idea... I actually thought of a mini garbage can on the counter.

Gosh, the "real" one cost 35 - why exactly?

alpidarkomama

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 3:12 am
I do the same thing, then feed it to the chickens! Smile

-A Fellow $0 Girl

Tiale

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 3:19 am
That's a great idea! I do it on the counter/cutting board & then into the garbage but this sounds much easier. Less clean up Smile!! TFS

freidasima

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 4:29 am
For me it would just be more clutter in a tiny kitchen...I peel onto the cutting board and then two steps away into the trash...

Liba

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 5:15 am
I peel onto plastic grocery bags on the counter.

sarahd

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 6:12 am
I peel onto the table usually and scrape it off into the garbage. I would use bags, but I generally forget.

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 8:40 am
my sink has a disposal unit so I peel into there. Before that we had to put peels into a special bin, so I would just peel into a regular plastic mixing bow, bag, or paper towel.

chatz

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 8:54 am
I usually take a large ziplock container or bowl and use it that way.

But yes, I've discovered that sometimes it's better to spend a couple of bucks and it makes life so simpler and neater. Not $35, though. LOL

amother

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 11:08 am
yo'ma wrote:
I saw in one of the jewish food magazines about a garbage bowl that's by Rachael Ray. At first I thought how dumb, just throw your garbage straight in the garbage or first in the sink or cutting board, or wherever, but I bought myself a cheap plastic bowl, less than $2, and use it all the time. I don't have to stand over the garbage, which is lower than the bowl on the counter and I don't have to scoop up the garbage from the sink. Anyone else have one?

I guess I did spend money on myself this year. This is in reference to the other thread on how much money you cost, which I wrote about $0. Rolling Eyes

They are sold in stores and are called "countertop trash bins".
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics