Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kosher L'Pesach Fish Food does it exist

shluchamom

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 1:06 am
Anyone know if it exists and where I can get Kosher L'pesach fish food.

Or if not what have you done with your goldfish over Pesach?

September June

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 1:13 am
There's a certain type of fish food to get them. I don't remember what exactly but my brother used to buy it for his goldfish. It didn't have a hechsher and it smelled really, really bad.

I googled and found that Star K reccomends for goldfish:
tubular worms
frozen brine shrimp
freeze dried worms (if they do not contain fillers)
Here's the link.

letschat

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 1:33 am
We used to feed our fish tiny matzah crumbs, they all used to survive. It's Pesach for them too....

almost

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 3:27 am
We used to feed our fish plankton. We got it at the local pet store (Petsmart or something like that).

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 4:36 am
You can get a 7 day or 10 day brick that you drop in and it lasts that long - people use them when they go on vacation.

myself

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 4:50 am
yOungM0mmy wrote:
You can get a 7 day or 10 day brick that you drop in and it lasts that long - people use them when they go on vacation.

This. It's a slow release brick, one days worth of food is released every day. I've never come across any other option for Pesach. It should be available at any local pet shop.

Levtov

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 7:26 am
Dried worms is what we always feed our fish for pesach. Doesnt smell any different and fish do fine on them. All pet stores have them.

imabima

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 7:54 am
We use dry bloodworms. Sounds gross but it's not really.

September June

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 8:03 am
myself wrote:
yOungM0mmy wrote:

This. It's a slow release brick, one days worth of food is released every day. I've never come across any other option for Pesach. It should be available at any local pet shop.

according to the star k some of these bricks contain chametz. Check the link I posted before.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 4:21 pm
The cRc Pesach Guide says: Fish food, including pyramid feeders, and vacation blocks often have chametz. Goldfish and tropical fish can be given tubular worms, frozen brine shrimp, and freeze-dried worms (if they do not contain fillers).

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 4:29 pm
September June wrote:
myself wrote:
yOungM0mmy wrote:

according to the star k some of these bricks contain chametz. Check the link I posted before.

But if you put it in before and do not see it, it's fine. My parents put their fish tank in the Chametz kitchen with a brick inside.

dveikus

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 4:33 pm
Frozen brine shrimp is chometz-free and available in most pet store. And, the fish enjoy it. (Ewwww.)

avimom

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 10:42 pm
yep, found our bloodworms from last year when we took down our pesach stuff! (unfortunetly our fish died this year...)
We were told the timer thing is a problem as the chometz still belongs to you.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 11:07 pm
we use freeze dried worms.
we buy it on Amazon.
comes quickly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries